PDA

View Full Version : What shall I do???

Bruno Silva
26th Nov 2004, 13:49
Hello everyone!!

I´m in a big dillema!

I´m 20 years old and I want to become a pilot!!!
I´ve got two options.... finish Higschool this year, doing other subjects then Math and Physics....Or doing Math and Physics but finish Highschool only two years from now, when I´m twenty two???

Because I´m studying at night, so I can choose...If I chose Filosofy and Data processing I finish Highschool this year!!
If I choose Math and Physics I will have to make them from the begining because I didn´t have them before and that will cost me two years more or less.

So what´s your opinion, shall I join a Flight School with 20 years old but without math or shall I join with 22 but woth math and physics???

Hope you can help me!!!!

FlyingForFun
26th Nov 2004, 16:35
Do whichever subjects you are best at, and you will enjoy the most. A year or two, at your age, will make absolutely no difference in the long run.

If you have the money available, there is no reason why you can't start flying and work towards your Private Pilots License while you're studying. This is the first step on the way to a commercial license for many people anyway, and is ideally suited for flying at weekends.

FFF
------------

Bruno Silva
26th Nov 2004, 21:29
Thanks FFF!!

I have enough money to start my PPL but I´m thinking to make my training in outside Europe, so that would not allow me to make PPl and study!!

I´m still a bit confused... DO i need to make Math and Physics in High School to enter a flight school???

Thanks!!!!

willby
26th Nov 2004, 22:51
Hi Bruno,
It is generally recomended that you have high school maths and physics and in fact some ground schools in the Uk ( and maybe even elsewhere) insist that you have them. However, not all do and it is also possible to do ground school ( theory exams) by distance learning. I personally know of at least one person who did not have either physics or maths at high school level and recently passed all 14 of his theory exams after doing the distance learning package from Bristol ground School. Hope this helps.
Willby

willby
27th Nov 2004, 08:39
Check your pm's Bruno
Willby