PDA

View Full Version : Canada Immigration - help!

AF1
26th Feb 2002, 22:06
Hi all,

Is anyone here familiar with the process of applying to the Canadian authorities for permanent residence in Canada, as an ATCO.

I need some help with one part of this, which is to prove to the Immigration dept. that a qualification as a rated ATCO in an ICAO member state is acceptable in terms of getting an ATCO license in Canada, obviously following retraining.

Have any UK atcos here transferred to NavCan recently, and if so, would they mind sharing with me how they overcame this hurdle?

Thanks ....

aspinwing
26th Feb 2002, 23:20
Have you checked the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration site? What is your point score?

Have you any indication from NavCanada that they are hiring ‘off-the-street’ as opposed to ab-initio?

If so, what upgrading do you need and what cost? Most of their training is done at their school and wannabe have to pay tuition ( tax-deductible. )

Try getting NavCanada to give you a letter stating what you would have to do to convert your licence.

If you have 60 points, you should be away to the races.

Findo
26th Feb 2002, 23:22
Going to a leaving do tonight for one of our ATCOs who is moving to Vancouver. I'll see if anyone can get some info.

AF1
27th Feb 2002, 13:26
Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I wonder if an immigration lawyer would be useful? I know that one recent controller from LATCC to Canada used one and it sped up the whole process.

Has anyone else any experience of applying to Canada for permanent residence status?

WetFeet
2nd Mar 2002, 16:30
Try phoning Gander centre. You will probably end up with the feeling that working for NavCanada is no better than working for NATS, mayde even worse!