PDA

View Full Version : Where did Jetblast Go?

Northern Chique
24th Nov 2004, 05:06
There I was, music going, not a patient to be seen, and cruising for my favourite forums!

Jet Blast is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! :{ :{ :{

R4+Z
24th Nov 2004, 05:09
Same here

Is there any other forum where there may be an announcement??

The Voice
24th Nov 2004, 05:36
over on R & N .. there are a couple of posts asking the same thing. Methinks Lord Fyne has had a gutful and hidden the toy from the kid(s) ...

I'd be not hoping for an early/quick return ...

Woomera
24th Nov 2004, 05:40
Well........ my Magical, Mystical, Moderating powers are limited to the Antipodean Forums and don't extend to Jet Blast, however when I looked a couple of minutes ago, Jet Blast was right there (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=16) where it always was.........

You sure you haven't been very naughty children and a Jet Blast Moderator hasn't extracted a terrible retribution?

:}

Woomera

R4+Z
24th Nov 2004, 05:41
Just found a post on rumours & news that is speculating a reason but I don't want to buy into it. I think I will await hard info.

:( :( :(

Woomera
24th Nov 2004, 05:56
Yes, I see what you mean. I signed in with my own personal PPRuNe User Name and could not get into Jet Blast but i can get in when signed in as Woomera.

My guess someone has been very, very naughty!

I'll ask He Who Must Be Obeyed and let you know if I get any information which I can publish.

Woomera

The Voice
24th Nov 2004, 06:02
That'd be real good of you Woomera .. for a change it looks like it aint one of the antipodeans' whose slipped up ..:E or did I speak too soon :} :ugh:

Woomera
24th Nov 2004, 06:08
Jet Blast is locked - Moderator access only.

I found this post in Jet Blast which may be relevant:

Danny
If Bre doesn't post a reply on this thread by midnight (UTC) then I'm closing Jet Blast down indefinately.

Obviously the boss is p1ssed off! No idea what it's about, don't have time to look for the offending post(s), so can't tell you anymore than that.

Woomera

yintsinmerite
24th Nov 2004, 06:10
I think I know which the posting was that did it. Danny had made a comment about something and someone accused his of being a . . . . well, I ai'nt saying it. Its Danny toy and if he wants to pull it, he can.

notmyC150v2
24th Nov 2004, 06:16
It's a real pity that a few Pillocks are responsible for the demise of what was a great fun forum.

Really miss the Draper.:sad:

tipsy
24th Nov 2004, 06:17
There are a couple of threads on R&N (that sometimes dont let you in, keep trying !). One refers to the above post by one Bre, it appears as thought the thread was locked prior to the 'deadline' and that has caused some comment about double standards and the like.

There may also be something in the suggestion that (in political correctness terms) there has been some reverse discrimination regarding a religion/country.

I watch as an amused observer & duck as the spat dummies bounce off walls and ceilings

tipsy

Binoculars
24th Nov 2004, 06:30
Yep, the King has really spat it big time. Looks like another "no politics" edict if and when we're back on board.

As Basil might say, don't mention Israel.

BlueWolf
24th Nov 2004, 07:15
I knew Bre was unhappy (not quite certain why), but something must have happened overnight (southern time) for things to have got that bad.

Danny's usually pretty lenient for all that he gets overworked and overstressed by all the unnecessary politics on JB. Maybe it got personal.

Damned shame. I'll miss the place.

OzExpat
24th Nov 2004, 07:20
One has to wonder if the JB Mods were inadverently locked in there at the time... :} If so, I guess that they're filling the time by chatting among themselves... or TO themselves? :D Next time you sneak in there W, be sure to take them some food and booze... just in case, eh! :D

tipsy
24th Nov 2004, 08:49
Seems JB is back

After a bit more research I am led to believe the subject of the conflagration was in simple terms "XXX XXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXX XX XXXX X XX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX".

I have tried to be politically correct in my choice of words.

In an Aussie (and most of the rest of the world I suspect) context, such double standards and blatant discrimination are not acceptable and would be swiftly removed, but this is PPRune and that is a totally different matter entirely.

tipsy

Wizofoz
24th Nov 2004, 09:01
As Basil might say, don't mention Israel.

...especially on a four-hour late-nigh sector back from Greece-(Ask me how I know!!)

tipsy
24th Nov 2004, 09:16
WIZZY, Let me guess, you've been flying with a wrinkly old prune.

Bino's,

Refer Item 9 JB Rules of Engagement.

(not repeated here so as to avoid the accusation of discrimination and opportunity for possible petty punitive measures.)

tipsy

Woomera
24th Nov 2004, 21:37
Jet Blast is now open.

Woomera