PDA

View Full Version : 747 classic simulator Bournemouth - navigation equipment?

LGB
23rd Nov 2004, 08:33
747 classic simulator Bournemouth - navigation equipment?

What is the BOH 747 sim equipped with with regard to navigation system?

IRS
INS
FMS
PMS

or what?

Other specific info to this sim is also appreciated, like engines, Sim level, TCAS, GPWS etc!

Thank you

Atlanta-Driver
23rd Nov 2004, 09:06
It has an Honeywell FMS system with dual FMC's.Based on a Delco Carousel IV INS platform. Auto update feature available.

2 CDU's for Capt and F/O and a Delco in the nr:3 position just after of start levers.

Engines are R&R RB211-D4x's, has a TCAS in it, and EGPWS with Windshear. Crosshair FD's and 3 autopilots (Fail operational)

Good visual system. Not sure about the level it is certified to.

AD

18-Wheeler
23rd Nov 2004, 21:15
Just like this ->

http://www.billzilla.org/747freighterfms.jpg

LGB
27th Nov 2004, 12:24
Thank you both for the info.

scroggs
29th Nov 2004, 15:35
I can't really see what this has to do with Wannabes - remembering that Pprune's Wannabes forums are for those training for the initial issue of commercial licences and then trying for their first paid flying jobs.

Perhaps LGB could be a little more forthcoming about his requirement for this information, then I can place the thread in the appropriate forum. I suspect, as the B742 is not entry-level equipment, Wannabes is not it!

Scroggs

LGB
1st Dec 2004, 10:40
Scroggs,

Beats me, I started the thread in technical forums, since that is where I usually find such stuff with the search function (but I didn't get any result for this question). It seems it has been moved to training, then on to wannabees! I am sure you have a log or something where you can track that.

I was going on the sim in BOH, actually I am here now, and wanted to prepare for whatever navigation system it had. I got the answer I wanted from friendly and helpful fellow PPRuNers, and hope other PPRuNers benefits from it as well.

As regard to wannabes, I think the sim is used now and then for MCC, which would make it wannabe material I guess.

But go on and move the topic to wherever you see fit, I've got the answers I wanted.

Thank you all,

scroggs
1st Dec 2004, 12:12
OK! Well, as you've got the info, I guess I'll leave it. I don't have a log of where the thread's been, but I'd have thought that Questions would be the most appropriate place, as we don't have a forum for post-ATPL training. This forum is Wannabes/Professional Pilot Training, and is for those working up to their CPL/IR.

Scroggs