PDA

View Full Version : Help with ATPL instruments...last sitting!

cfipo
21st Nov 2004, 12:39
Hi there,

Im on my last sitting and need to sit Instruments in 2 weeks. I know the subject reasonably well but need to be 100% on this exam as this is my last chance.

Has anyone got any good advice on how to attack this - I am working damn hard for it but dont want to waste my efforts on areas that dont come up. Plus any good, up-to-date feedback would be really helpful. Im finding a few inconsistencies on the feedback I have between schools (as is always the case)....anything definative would be great. I'm willing to pay for it....the feedback that is!

Any advice would be most appreciated.

F

Pack2
22nd Nov 2004, 08:13
cfipo
If you are really that concerned that you are not ready why dont you put off the exam and contact Alex down at BGS. He is the only bloke I know that can bend over backwards and touch his toes and has done so for a lot of people. There is olso an online question bank that you can join for a fee that will give you practice exams...THIS IS A MUST for you.
Good luck

cfipo
22nd Nov 2004, 09:49
Hiya, well I was out by a few % and I might as well aim for 100% as opposed to the minimum pass.

Thanks for your advice guys, I've contacted Alex at BGS and he was extremely helpful.

Cheers

Cfipo

Olof
22nd Nov 2004, 12:44
cfipo!

Here is a draft from the distribution of questions. Check JAR-FCL at www.jaa.nl (under JARs) to see which areas the figures refer to!

022 Instrumentation

022 01 - 25 questions
022 02 - 15 q
022 03 - 09 q
022 04 - 07 q
Total: 56q

Good luck mate!

Jinkster
23rd Nov 2004, 15:56
Cant some of you chaps help cfipo, i would but all the stuff I have and had is way out of date!

Good luck cfipo

Jinkster ;)

cumulus
23rd Nov 2004, 18:12
Cifpo

Check your PM.

nunos
24th Nov 2004, 15:11
With only 2 weeks to go you are cutting it fine, although after three previous sitting you should have a very good idea what`s in store. My advice would be (from someone who needed a fourth attempt at POF) to go through as many exam type Q`s as humanly possible in the short time left. Make out a sheet of "key facts" and "mnemonics" and bring it everywhere with you; on the bus, train, plane etc. Bring it to the exam center with you and read it, right up untill you go in. There are some very usful mnemonics for compass and gyroscope errors that may get you an important point or two! Here are some you may already know!

for gyro`s it goes - REST IN BED TAX`D - R - T 1
E I A 2
S I X 2
T - D 2

Reading from the top line down, R = Rate gyro, E = earth rate gyro, S = space gyro and T is, oh can`t remember(turn gyro?) The rest will take me for ever to type, but someone will explain the gimbals and axes etc,
I`m sure you`re aware of the "Chicken Tikka Masala" for speeds of CAS, TAS and RAS, (know the graph), and another example is for compass errors!

for compass errors - NUNOS(Funny enough!) goes - in the "N"orthern hemisphere, "U"ndershoot through "N"orth turns and "O"versoot through "S"outh turns.
Write these down once the clock gets going to help clear your mind and DO NOT PANIC, instruments from what I can remember, is not a "pushed for time type exam.

GOOD LUCK AND BE CONFIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ok:

Hope you can understand the above!Sorry but the typing went out of alinement...... there is another I forgot to mention, it`s for instrument errors and goes- SOD, SUC, POD,and POC. again you most likely know this,
goodluck again!