PDA

View Full Version : HK Aviation Club Scam

hkeye
19th Nov 2004, 01:07
Here's a good one.

Form a cyndicate, buy an R22, join the HKAC Committee, bend the tailboom during a heavy landing, deny all knowlege, then refuse to pay the bill because it's expensive and get your committee buddys to back you up.

I guess the rest of the HKAC members won't mind subsidising the committee members............................

BlueEagle
19th Nov 2004, 09:32
Hope you have all your facts checked hkeye ? Don't want to be maligning anyone do we?!

In an accident such as you describe it would be usual for the insurers to pay the bill over and above the agreed deductible, exactly the same as with your car insurance. Are you suggesting that the owning syndicate was self-insured?

Did such an accident/incident actually happen?

hkeye
19th Nov 2004, 11:36
It happened.

The owners didn't claim on the insurance to avoid the increase in premium.

WrongWayCorrigan
2nd Dec 2004, 04:31
completely untrue and checked at the source.

Jim

hkeye
2nd Dec 2004, 23:58
Question 1 - Was The aircraft damaged? Tailboom bent, I saw the damage, typical for a heavy landing. New tailboom fitted?

Question 2 - No one admitted fault?

Question 3 - Were the owners still arguing over the bill several weeks after the aircraft was flying again?

The suggestions in 2 & 3 come directly from people with the HKAC who I know and trust, not club or committee members.

WrongWayCorrigan
3rd Dec 2004, 01:23
wonder who you are.

Question 1 - correct
Question 2 - correct
Question 3 - regarding the financing of the repair, your suggestions of fraud are incorrect and irresponsible.

please desist.

jim

BlueEagle
9th Dec 2004, 21:38
After receiving further advice and making a few editorial changes I'm happy to say we can re-open this thread.

(HKEYE and WrongWayCorrigan please check your PMs - Thanks).

WrongWayCorrigan
10th Dec 2004, 06:16
Very interesting, BlueEagle.

Fire away, will observe from a cold land long way away.

Regs,

Jim

WrongWayCorrigan
15th Dec 2004, 08:30
HKEYE has obviously wound his neck in. Disgruntled former employee perhaps?

regs,

Jim

hkeye
16th Dec 2004, 02:13
Not at all.

Just waiting to see if the bill gets paid.

WrongWayCorrigan
18th Dec 2004, 20:02
if not. let's impound it.