PDA

View Full Version : Real or fake? (Sorry!!!)

eal401
18th Nov 2004, 15:10
This has cropped up on my newsgroups at work and started a lot of debate.

I think it looks real and see no reason for anyone to fake such a picture. However, I am not familiar with the location.

What do you think?

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=249072

yeoman
18th Nov 2004, 15:19
This certainly looks like Corfu rwy 17 and, although low it is possible I guess. The road is very close to the end of the runway (and is closed certainly for every jet departure off 17). The threshold is well displaced to prevent this kind of effort but then it is a turboprop of the local airline! I wouldn't imagine he'd gain much, cetainly wouldn't get the taxiway onto the apron unless the ATR(?) has some serious brakes. Would shorten the backtrack.

On balance, genuine photo enhanced by a clever angle. I'm no photographer but the fence bends off to the left quite sharply, would that give a dramatic effect?

Farrell
18th Nov 2004, 16:01
I know I'm ablyopic and am not supposed to be able to see things like these, but.......the traffic light looks way too sharply focused for the rest of the photo.

Just my deux centimes!! :ok:

nosefirsteverytime
18th Nov 2004, 16:27
Caption time:

Terry looked at the bus, and knew it sure had become faster since the last time he'd been on it.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
18th Nov 2004, 17:13
Lefkimmi is in Corfu

Spent many happy hours sat at the other end by the lagoon watching the B757`s come in causing a wake accross the water near Mouse Island

Golf India Bravo