PDA

View Full Version : grade 2 jobs in WA?

skywagon
17th Nov 2004, 08:57
Gidday all ,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what the situation work wise is for an experieced (just over 2K hrs) young , (31 is that young or old?!) friendly recently married grade 2 is?

Ive visted Perth only once and loved it and would love to return...am currently instructing in NZ and was wondering how pay / condx compare. Many Thanks in advance.

HEALY
17th Nov 2004, 09:43
SKYWAGON

In your position the best position to look for may be Singapore Flying College. They and China Southern Airlines train all cadets over here. Both pay the award (I think???) with opportunities to teach Multi Engine IFR. China Southern however require a stint in a wheatbelt town called Merredin for approx 12 month I believe.

In terms of a stable full time job these are your best bets compared to casual work provided at alot of other places. Having a family and a long term desire to teach will open doors at these two training schools which are expanding rapidly in the next 12 to 18 months.

If you have IFR training approval maybe Ad Astral at Perth Airport could be a go however im not sure of their requirements or need for more instructors.

I dont work at either but maybe a instructor employed at either can give a better idea of Pay and Conditions

Good Luck

Icarus2001
18th Nov 2004, 00:39
Skywagon as Healy says the two colleges are both on the look out for instructors. If you like the idea of training cadets from China, Singapore and Malaysia then go ahead. They both pay award and above with good conditions, by GA standards anyway.

The other option is somewhere like the Royal Aero Club of WA. which is often knocked for being a sausage factory because it is the biggest "private" school on the strip. They have good and bad staff like everywhere so one persons experience is not always representative, they certainly aim high. Working there would give you more variety in your job eg tailwheel, aeros etc and you would have f e m a l e students! Once on full time you would be getting above award.

Try these...

http://www.cswafc.com.au/

http://www.racwa.asn.au/index.html

HEALY
18th Nov 2004, 01:49
Further to ICARUS I am under the strong impression that the RACWA employ internally with new instructors from their courses and have a fairly closed shop for 'outsiders'. I have heard of little outside employment their over the last 4 years however things may have changed.

Still any movement of experienced instructors their can change their requirements fairly quickly.

skywagon
22nd Nov 2004, 08:25
Cheers for that icarus /healy... Ive whisked off a cv already!
Just wondering also about other chater cos on the feild and when a good time to show up is?.... ie rainy season ect

Cheers !

HEALY
22nd Nov 2004, 12:44
Their isn't what you would term the rainy season down here in Perth..Not like a northern rainy season anyway. I wouldn't say time of year makes toooooo much difference. Singapore move some of the ab initio training up the coast during winter (middle of the year) but otherwise not too many days lost.

If you were asking about other operators then yes their are a few. Some bigger than others and a couple also have a charter division. The best way to do it at JT is start from one end of the strip and start walking. Get a feel for each place. It will take a few minutes to suss most out. Some even quicker.

PM me if you want specifics on a few companies.