PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe Merchanise

Woomera
17th Nov 2004, 07:20
PPRuNe badges and merchandise are on sale here.

That's right here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showth...threadid=152326

You may need to contact the vendor for freight costs Dunnunda.

All proceeds go to the PPRuNe Fund to support this site.

Currently under consideration is a "local" PPRuNe T Shirt, printed in Australia and available in Ozz Dollars, subject to local interest from PPRuNe Dunnunda users.

Woomera

Hempy
17th Nov 2004, 07:55
Umm 404 error on the link Woomera, or am I just a dolt?

QNIM
17th Nov 2004, 08:38
Gday Hempy & Woomera
Same here, don't work little like me lately. Lets have a ozzy T shirt.
Cheers Q

AT502
17th Nov 2004, 10:03
Yep, no go on the link!

HHhhmmmmm, just in time for christmas!!!! Funny that!

Troup:cool:

Buster Hyman
17th Nov 2004, 10:34
BLATANT ADVERTISING!!!

I'm reporting this post to a Moderator!:ouch:

Crash & Burn
17th Nov 2004, 12:00
Try this link HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152326).

Woomera
17th Nov 2004, 22:51
Oh, dear. What did I do wrong? :\

Crash & Burn has the correct link: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152326

I have one of the Pommy PPRuNe T Shirts - nice quality. We have also suggested to PPRuNe Admin that we print and sell PPRuNe T Shirts in Australia. Any interest?

Yup. Blatant advertising. :ok: But necessary to support your adiction to PPRuNe!

:E

Woomera

The Enema Bandit
18th Nov 2004, 01:23
You could print all the reguarlar contibutor's handles on the back of it too. But then again that may denigrate the profession of professional aviator.

Hempy
19th Nov 2004, 05:45
I have one of the Pommy PPRuNe T Shirts - nice quality. We have also suggested to PPRuNe Admin that we print and sell PPRuNe T Shirts in Australia. Any interest?

I'd get one

OzExpat
19th Nov 2004, 06:37
No T-shirt for me please. I'd go for a polo shirt though, so that I can alternate it with last year's Ozbash shirt! :ok:

Buster Hyman
19th Nov 2004, 07:58
You could print all the reguarlar contibutor's handles on the back of it too
Would you walk around with my monikor on yer back???:eek:

Binoculars
19th Nov 2004, 08:51
I'm with OzEx. I'd buy a polo but not a T.

Sharpie
21st Nov 2004, 02:36
Hey Woomera,

Instead of opening up a bluddy haberdashery shop dunnunda, why not just get the no-hopers to fork out $25 and become real registered pruner.(san shears of course) each with their cork aqttired akubra. Kiwis can have the Poi.

Sharpie

Woomera
21st Nov 2004, 23:32
Sharpie, we're getting closer to PPRuNe Dunnunda shirts. Soon as I get the logo etc., could you get me a local quote to supply and print? Freight costs and import duty may become an issue.

I presume this is the style of polo shirt favoured, with small embroidered PPRuNe logo??

(Sorry, I can't get the IMG thingy to work......... :\ )

If any PPRuNe Dunnunda users have suggestions, supplier contact details etc, please email to [email protected].

Please do not post links or advertising in this thread.

Woomera

Buster Hyman
22nd Nov 2004, 01:05
Did Woomeras thread just get edited by another Woomera??? )Tee-Hee!):D

OzExpat
22nd Nov 2004, 07:23
I presume this is the style of polo shirt favoured, with small embroidered PPRuNe logo??
In absence of an image, I'd simply suggest that a polo is like a t-shirt but has a collar. This tends to make it a more acceptable form of attire in some (drinking) establishments. Nicer still, if it has a pocket, to hold the smokes... ;)

Buster Hyman
22nd Nov 2004, 10:50
...isn't that what the sleeves are for?:confused:

OzExpat
23rd Nov 2004, 06:46
I guess that depends on how much kouth and kulcha ya got Buster. :D

Buster Hyman
23rd Nov 2004, 10:20
You can take the boy outta Broady....:}

TheStormyPetrel
23rd Nov 2004, 12:29
Sorting it out here would make it much easier. I'd like to support this idea and would buy some merchandise, eg polo shirt.

Buster Hyman
23rd Nov 2004, 19:50
I see that no one has got the guts to correct Woomeras spelling mistake in the title...:hmm: ;)

TheStormyPetrel
23rd Nov 2004, 21:53
Now Buster, don't be like that. Perhaps we were all being polite, like I would be if I didn't hint to you about a missing apostrophe....:E

Buster Hyman
24th Nov 2004, 00:14
What' miss'ing apos'trophe'?:confused:

The Voice
24th Nov 2004, 02:49
I'd be a starter for a polo shirt ..

oh, and I don't want Busters monica on my back ... :E

Northern Chique
24th Nov 2004, 04:39
Count me in for a polo shirt!

notmyC150v2
24th Nov 2004, 06:03
I'm up for a polo shirt.

Can we get stubbie holders to?:D

Binoculars
24th Nov 2004, 06:23
...like I would be if I didn't hint to you about a missing apostrophe....

Fortunately for all concerned, I am not a pedant about such things. If I were, I would probably be tempted to mention to Stormy that "like" is a preposition, not a conjunction, and therefore should never be followed by a clause, rather by an object to make a prepositional phrase. "As" on the other hand is a conjunction and may thus be followed by a clause containing a subject and a verb.

But I would never bother pointing that out. :E

Err, what was the question again?

Yeah, I know, but JetBlast is in disgrace again, and I'm bored.

OzExpat
24th Nov 2004, 07:08
Besides, Woomera is the closest thing we've got to God in here... well, mostly! :D Nobody dares to correct God! :}

Now then, depending on price, I could be persuaded to buy two of the said polo shirts - if they have a pocket, of course. :ok:

Buster Hyman
24th Nov 2004, 08:18
...and sleeves!

Now, if you could get your moniker on the aforementioned pocket, then I'd only be able to wear it at bashes!:sad:

OzExpat
25th Nov 2004, 06:44
You say that like it's a bad thing Buster. :D

Buster Hyman
25th Nov 2004, 06:53
Well, I haven't been to one yet! So it's a big assumption on my part!:uhoh:

No Further Requirements
25th Nov 2004, 10:12
Woomeri,

I'm in for the polo shirt - I can see myself wearing it at the console......

And an idea I have for you: can you import bulk quantities of the stickers, hats and badges and sell them here in AUD rather than us having to pay individual postage???

Just a thought. Keep up the good work,

NFR.

Binoculars
25th Nov 2004, 11:46
Hmmmm. NFR, I would guess you've never organised something like this, paid the money out of your own pocket then waited for all the promised money to flow in, have you? :rolleyes:

No Further Requirements
25th Nov 2004, 21:08
Hi Binos,

I know mate, I know. I have organised it before, but I made sure I had a good list of definites or I got the payments before hand. Anal, yes, but necessary for a lad with limited resources! It was just a suggestion to save on postage etc.

How about I phrase it differently. Would someone be willing to take orders AND MONEY and then ship the lot en mass Dunnunda?

Cheers all, and happy day of inaction for tomorrow

NFR.

Woomera
28th Nov 2004, 21:48
The consensus of opinion appears to favour a reasonable quality polo shirt with the PPRuNe logo embroidered on the pocket. (Or where the pocket would normally be on the left hand side.)

I am currently trying to obtain quotes, however if anyone has any contacts in polo shirt supply and embroidering, please contact me by PM or email to [email protected].

Thanks

Woomera

OzExpat
29th Nov 2004, 06:49
I don't know if this will help, but Blue Diamond was involved with the shirt arrangements for the 2003 OzBash, in Perth. She might have a contact or two who can handle the job.

Lasiorhinus
15th Dec 2004, 04:53
Well they do look good.
Yet another Aussie interested in getting his paws on a shirt or badge or so.
I'd be in if someone was importing a bundle of this stuff from the UK to save on postage...

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Feb 2005, 06:35
G'day 'Woom'

Put me down for one or two as well, provided they come in (alas)
'XXL'....
Ta

Capt Hollywood
25th Mar 2005, 00:20
I've just had 10 polo shirts done for work, embroided back and front, no pocket though, cost me around $30 each. A pocket can be added for $3.50 extra. I would imagine if you are getting 100 or so done the cost would come down a bit too.

I'd be keen for a pprune polo also.

Hollywood :cool: