PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Go-Around. 12th Nov

sammy shamal
16th Nov 2004, 22:02
My mate Texted me on Fridy 12th Nov to say that the pilot made a go-around just before landing due to another aircraft on the Runway.

Sorry for my lack of info! But my friend would appreciate it if anybody knows why he had to change his underpants on an otherwise normal flight!

All I know is that it was Friday 12th and the flight was Cancun-Manchester!

Any info will be appreciated!

Mr Chips
16th Nov 2004, 22:05
Sammy - before anyone else leaps in...

Go arounds are perfectly safe and normal procedures. the one on question could have been for anyone of a number of reasons. A Search will give you some answers....

policepilot
16th Nov 2004, 22:24
Far too much of an issue is made about go-arounds. Your mates flight might have gone around due to an unstable approach, any number of reasons really. What was your mates seat number so we know where not to sit?

GrahamK
16th Nov 2004, 23:06
My mate Texted me on Fridy 12th Nov to say that the pilot made a go-around just before landing due to another aircraft on the Runway.

I think you answered the question yourself :8

cabincrew1
17th Nov 2004, 03:32
I think what sammy is trying to say, is it atc at manchester making a boo boo again. could be wrong

Bright-Ling
17th Nov 2004, 04:54
.....or maybe an insecure cabin due to the expeditious approach offered and the trolley dolly's not putting the cutlery away in time.

Or maybe the one on the runway was dilly-dallying and took longer to vacate.

In short - as Mr Chips said - a multitude of reasons for a GA - most not involving boo-boo's from ATC.....Manch or otherwise.