PDA

View Full Version : REX Lifestyles

AllInGoodTime
15th Nov 2004, 10:23
I hope Naval Lint doesn't mind, but since the question has been raised about Easterns life style, I wonder if any of the REX pilots would be prepared to share similar details the same questions.

Anyone from REX out there willing to share what your job/lifestyle is really like?

Specifically:

1/ What are the rosters like out of the different ports?(eg Adelaide and Sydney)
2/ How many hours a week/day?
3/ What are the rosters like on weekends (ie start/finish)?
4/ How many days a week do you get off/reserve etc?
5/ Do you do many layovers?
6/ What ports do you usually layover at?
7/ On a layover what are the sign-on times like for the next day? (ie. are there any good layover ports?)
8/ Usual Sign-On/Sign-Off times?

What sort of hours are getting accepted, the minimums or way above the min's.

Realistically how long would it take to get a command?

What is company morale like amongst the crews?

Is morale good within the airline?

Is there good potential for progression within the airline?

Thanks for the info and rembemer this,

"All in good time my boy, All in good time"

AllInGoodTime
21st Nov 2004, 11:59
I guess you REX pilots are busy, but thought I would just bring this back to the top to see if any of you are about and willing to answer any questions.

Thanks

questil
22nd Nov 2004, 11:40
Last roster i had one overnight, worked 12 days 9 days off with the rest reserve (may as well be days off as dont get called in very often)

the earliest start is 5am and latest finish is 8.40, usually 2 or 4 sectors a day with tours as short as 2 hours to longest 10 hrs (about 2 per roster)

morale seems fine and the company appears to be doing well, most of my flights are near full to full. some of the fos who were around in the administration days are yet to get a command so seems like a wait.

its a great job, the equipment is good