PDA

View Full Version : Feedback

icepilot
14th Nov 2004, 20:16
I was just wondering, I have tons of Oxford feedback question, all the Bristol feedback, some exam preparation questions and the Spanish JAA question bank (around 8000 question I think).

In total I think this is something over 20.000 questions.

Does anyone have any hints on using such extreme amounts of questions? I have of read all the syllabus and I feel pretty confident for the exams.

Is it possible for the JAA to still surprise students that have practised on such a huge amount of questions?

:{

spitfire747
14th Nov 2004, 22:48
I would simply suggest you use the questions to TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE of the subjects. Feedback is useful for this only. Not only do you want to pass the ATPLs you want to understand them as they will rear their head later in your career.

People who often learn feedback word for word will not pass the exams.. i know of a handful of people who did just this and it is sad to see gifted people have to start all over again.

The CAA,JAA are continually adding and adjusting the question bank.

Good Luck
Spit:ok:

OneIn60rule
15th Nov 2004, 02:03
Are you a gambling man?

If you are then by all means learn all the answers without knowing why it's the right answer.

If you want to play it safe then I suggest you learn WHY the answers are the answers.

If you are lucky you could pass all your exams on your first sitting if you try throwing the dice. The next sitting you could fail all of them for doing the same thing.

You say you've read the syllabus, do you actually understand the syllabus though?

Good luck.

capt.sparrow
15th Nov 2004, 06:50
I remember my exam sittings - think there were two or three questions that I had seen before in feedback - the rest, well were based on the same ideas but you MUST know your subject. As mentioned, in an interview they won't give you four possible answers!

scraglad
15th Nov 2004, 10:26
I made that HUGE mistake of learning the Q&A feed back. When I sat the exams only a fistful of feed back questions came up and the other 80% I had never seen.

The only subjects I got by on feed back was comms.

Now I have the pleasure of re-sitting the exams again and it is not a nice feeling.

Good-luck.