PDA

View Full Version : DH82 Hire WA

Fission
14th Nov 2004, 01:53
Guys & Girls,

Anyone know of a Tiger Moth that I can hire around the Perth area.

Please don't suggest RACWA, they've royally STUFFED me around :mad:

All I want to do is get out away from all the automation for a couple of hours and go fly a real plane.

Cheers

Fizzy

the wizard of auz
14th Nov 2004, 02:18
Although there a quiet a few DH82's about the area, I think that RACWA is the only place that will hire one out. Its unfortunate because I also enjoy taking the tiger out for a flick every now and then, but had to give it away, due to the rubbish that one has to go through before they will hire it to you. I agree there must be some checks and stuff before letting out such a unique aircraft, but the hoops they make you jump through (usually with an unexperianced 300hr, just endorsed tailwheel pilot that can't fly the tiger properly) is just blatent money generation. :hmm:

tinpis
14th Nov 2004, 02:33
is just blatent money generation.

C,mon Wiz its the only reason the Sand peoples city is there for :hmm:

Does the moth have pussy spin strakes ,pussy brakes and a self starter?

the wizard of auz
14th Nov 2004, 02:44
got brakes and slats, but no starter. (usually the 300hr pilot standing by to flick it through for ya).
I don't mind money generation as such, but if I'm paying for the aircraft, I want to be the bloke flying it, not sitting down the back watching some bod stuffing up spins and approaches, and demonstrating to me how to do a wheeler or three pointer, coz I have usually done more than they will ever do.
But its their toy, so ya gotta play by their rules if ya wanna play with it.

tinpis
14th Nov 2004, 02:54
Yeah I was offered 3 complete tigers once with lottsa spares in tea chests for a total of $500 :{

Of course I didnt have the proverbial pot to pi$$ in.

Fission
14th Nov 2004, 11:05
Hmmm, that's a shame - It's a lot easier to get my hands on one over east, so I guess that my money will have to go into someone elses pot.

Tis a shame - I want to help out local businesses with my dosh, but I have a limit to how much I'm willing to be cheesed off, and they went sailing past it with minimal effort.

Fizzy