PDA

View Full Version : Confusing KingAir designators

connection fee
13th Nov 2004, 20:58
Confusing KingAir designators

Just wondering if people know what the actual correct desination for the older KingAirs is? I am refering to the A-90 and B-90 (commonly fitted with –20’s) and C-90’s (commonly fitted with –27/28’s).

In the POH it referrs to them as Model 65-A90, Model 65-B90 and I have been told that the C-90 is known as Model 65-C90.
I also believe that all the 90’s are grouped as one endorsement.

On the ‘Airservics Australia Aircraft designators” site it refers to ,
Queenair as BE65
Queenair as BE70
A90/B90/C90 as BE9L

Can anyone help explain this?

Here is a link of what I was referring to.
http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/pilotcentre/SpecialpilotOps/acft.pdf

Thanks

ferrydude
13th Nov 2004, 21:18
The designators you are referring to in the link are for ATC recognition purposes, nothing to do with the manufacturer's designators. You will see many listed that the manufacturer does not recognize, no ryme or reason, just bureacracy!

john_tullamarine
13th Nov 2004, 21:36
(a) the "correct" designation is what is on the TC. TCDS may be reviewed at this location (http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/MainFrame?OpenFrameSet)

(b) the OEM may well use a different call out for operational or marketing purposes. For instance, in the King Air range, the TCDS for B300 is referred to in the marketplace as a King Air 350.

(c) as ferrydude indicated, AIS requirements are separate again.

411A
14th Nov 2004, 02:54
Yes, old news.
It shold be realized by all that the early KingAir aircraft were developed from the original QueenAir design (yes the model 65, type certificate, ie: 3A20) and shared many components of such...except the engines and necessary mods for pressurization...and even here, more or less the same as the QueenAir 88 model, with the cabin pressurized with a Roots blower (cabin supercharger).

Certainly an old design, that has stood the test of time...some 40+ years later.

Some others are faster...but the 'ole standby sure is comfortable.:ok:

Spitoon
15th Nov 2004, 20:54
You will see many listed that the manufacturer does not recognize, no ryme or reason, just bureacracy!Not just bureacracy, the characteristics of the aircraft are different and there may be different ATC procedures to be applied.

IHL
20th Nov 2004, 21:47
In Canada until recently we used BE9L for filing flight plans, it has now changed to B90.