PDA

View Full Version : Are you made of the right stuff????

scottwarnick
11th Nov 2004, 21:20
Self sponsoring is a massive financial commitment...given.

Being able to pass the papers and gain a fATPL doesnt mean you're a capable airline pilot and airlines will still insist on selection.

I have been advised to take a reputable assesment before embarking on ATPL studies to satisfy my bank manager that i am made of the right stuff and not waste my own money and time.

GAPAN have such an assesment and i was wondering if anyone can recommend from experience where else i can look?

OAT and companies alike will tell you you are suitable to make you part with your hard earned cash i should imagine????

Thanks guys....

Scott

oxford blue
12th Nov 2004, 11:24
I would pick you up on one point.

You said
OAT and companies alike will tell you you are suitable to make you part with your hard earned cash i should imagine????
The following information comes from the Oxford website. I should point out that I work for OAT, so make due allowance for that.

"Approximately one in four APP Applicants pass the APP selection process.

Regarding those who fail, approximately 20% will fail at the online application stage as they do not meet the entry requirements. The majority, approximately 40%, will fail at Phase 1 but some will be invited to reapply after they have had time to redress their shortcomings. Approximately 25% will fail Phase 2 but again some of them will be invited to reapply at a later date. This leaves approximately 15% who fail at Phase 3, the simulator check, and usually these applicants were marginal at the eye/hand tests which are part of Phase1."

I am quite happy for you to still disregard OAT, but not on the basis of a false supposition.

JohnnyPharm
12th Nov 2004, 13:40
Try this

http://www.apst.com/