PDA

View Full Version : The 7 year recruitment cycle

ramshorn
11th Nov 2004, 12:02
Hi Guys
Having been a member of this forum for a while it looks as though the recruitment situation is improving,which is great news for us all.
I'm currently doing ATPL's. Have just taken mod 1 exams. Results due next week. Ahhh!! Have started getting on with mod 2 which i hope to do the exams for in February,if all goes to plan. Then get straight on with converting FAA IR,doing JAR CPL,MCC etc. This , if i'm liucky will take me up to spring/summer 2005.
My question is this: How long is the recruitment surge likely to last,and when is it likely to be at a peak? I realise this is difficult to forecast,but i would be interested to hear peoples views judging from previous recruitment surges possibly, or just information from books,mags etc.
GOOD LUCK to you all and may the force be with you!!!
:ok:

kebab kid
11th Nov 2004, 12:47
How long is a piece of string? Recruitment is driven by so many global economic and political factors both inside and outside the industry that it is impossible to predict. Its like asking what will happen to the Dow Jones or the FTSE over the next year... Theres no way of knowing how long the recruitment period will last.

If you're already into the training, I wouldnt worry about it! Concentrate on making your own luck by passing the exams and knowing the right people. Good luck, kk

skyman68
11th Nov 2004, 14:22
send me 50 pounds and I will tell you the futur.:p