PDA

View Full Version : Mystery aircraft flying around

Zapatas Blood
10th Nov 2004, 03:12
Anybody know what aircraft were lurking out between HKG and TPE around ELATO yesterday. 2 of them, no clearance, one was spotted bout "thousand feet below" and was reported to look like a "grey 707". On TCAS they looked like they were in a holding pattern.

Would the yanks tool around in awacs aircraft on an airway without clearance?

404 Titan
10th Nov 2004, 08:42
Zapatas Blood

There are quite often numerous unidentified aircraft in Taiwan airspace. Most of it tends to be Taiwan F5’s but the Yanks are there as well out of Japan and South Korea. Some of the latter are also know to wander into airspace up and down the Chinese coast doing what they do best. ;)

Traffic
10th Nov 2004, 09:02
The US Navy P3's and the Air Force 707 AWACS from Kadena come and go as they please wherever they please up and down the coast. At least they are reasonably responsible in maintaining FL's.

It is the US fighter cowboys in Japan that are the worry. They spear through FL's without taking notice of Japanese ATC or giving a toss about anyone .... using the general principle that the faster you go through a level crossing the less chance there is of getting hit by a train.

BlueEagle
10th Nov 2004, 09:43
" Grey things in a holding pattern" sounds like tankers to me.

Flying Bagel
10th Nov 2004, 12:22
Saw something similar last week coming back from the new world, plus a couple of extremely fast TCAS blips.

bekolblockage
11th Nov 2004, 14:39
Typical arrogant Yanks. When challenged they claim they are operating over International waters with "due regard". Try doing that 100 miles off the coast of Manhattan and see where it gets you. Oh I forgot - they're making the world a safer place for you and me.:yuk: