PDA

View Full Version : Calling Bae J-41 Drivers

GMIMA
9th Nov 2004, 13:50
Hi guys

starting my first evcer type rating on the j41 in a couple of weeks, any recomendations on some pre course study etc?

g-mima

Ranger One
9th Nov 2004, 14:58
GMIMA

starting my first evcer type rating on the j41 in a couple of weeks, any recomendations on some pre course study etc?

Well it would help if you gave us a clue about what your time has been on thus far? How much turbine?

Here's a freebie for starters: the -41 has no APU, so some warm undies for these nice cold mornings would be a good start...

R1
(Not going to contribute further as Mrs. Ranger has just gone into labour and I expect to be otherwise engaged for a while...!)

GMIMA
9th Nov 2004, 15:05
Hi ranger one

5 hrs turbine time and im a low hours jaa frozen atpl.

cheers

bouldaman
9th Nov 2004, 15:20
the ground school if still run by the irish bloke on fraggle rock is full of all you need to know for the exam, so no pre study required. my advice would be to have a couple of relaxing weeks before the course as its quite intensive when the training begins and doesent finish until you final line check is in the bag.

Squealing Pig
9th Nov 2004, 19:56
Welcome aboard,

No pre course study req for the rating it will all be covered by our scottish wizard at HUY (who built the things) Just bring yourself, bring the brain as well. once armed with the meterial provided memorise the systems/limitations/memory items from the checklist - youl need it for the sim.

and enjoy !

Looking forward to working with you
do you drink lots of beer too ???

PS if you really want somthing to study, then going over IFR procedures and a flick through the ATPL tech subjects would do no harm.

GMIMA
9th Nov 2004, 22:36
squeling pig

cx your pm.

love beer:ok: