PDA

View Full Version : Arrgghh... PPRuNe gets "NERC"ed..

BEXIL160
17th Nov 2001, 22:48
Okay heads up, this is serious. It seems that in an effort to recoup at least £2.90 from the vast outlay for the South Coast Dome, NATS looks like it's sold the NERC grey/grey colours to PPRuNe.

The only saving grace is that you can still change the font size at will using your browser settings..... unlike NERC where you need the eyesight of a Bird of Prey (or Norwegan Blue, take your pick)

Rgds BEX :D

Loki
18th Nov 2001, 00:18
It does look disturbingly familiar, doesn`t it?
There is one major difference, the presence of advertisements on the screen. I suppose it`s only a matter of time before that feature starts appearing down at Swanwick. Who do you think might be interested in advertising?

Numpo-Nigit
18th Nov 2001, 18:49
Samaritans ???

NextLeftAndCallGround
18th Nov 2001, 21:41
FAA, NavCanada, Airways New Zealand, Eurocontrol, Airservives Australia ........ :) :) :)

BEXIL160
18th Nov 2001, 22:41
Also unlike the pristine OPS room at NERC my monitor is decorated with lots of "Post it" notes and Chinagraph reminders... Wonder how long it will take for us operational philistines to "decorate" the NERC Bananas?

Rgds BEX.

P.S. Where are the old FIR Angel (now above the NSEA Wings), and the Rat and Donkey on the West End, the Parrot+cage etc etc, going to be placed at NERC? We can't go without them, can we?

Loki
18th Nov 2001, 23:33
I`m sure I heard somewhere that the angel and the parrot didn`t meet the fire regs or something...so we won`t see them at the new place...pity.

BEXIL160
18th Nov 2001, 23:57
Fire Regs... So the Rat and the Donkey are exempt!! About time someone chucked a bucket of water over them!

BEX

sector8dear
19th Nov 2001, 05:15
I can remember when the parrot had a grape - tho it became a raisin over time.

those were the days - apparently! ;) ;)

Mr Simple
20th Nov 2001, 00:09
Don't let small-minded arsocrats remove your fun toys. It was said that Glasgow used to have an inflatable Red Arrow, but that was removed as a 'fire hazard'. 'Fun hazard' more like if the Laughter Police get their way.

tart
20th Nov 2001, 02:24
With reference to the Noble North Sea angel. I have it on good authority that it will make the Journey down the M3 to NERC, accompanied by one of our great leaders, and be positioned in its rightful place for all to see. As for the donkey, parrot etc, they will have to find their own unofficial way. :D

May the force be with them all ;)

[ 19 November 2001: Message edited by: Station calling, I was on the Phone ]

Numpo-Nigit
21st Nov 2001, 01:51
I always assumed that the rat and the donkey would continue in their current LATCC management roles.

[ 20 November 2001: Message edited by: Numpo-Nigit ]

BEXIL160
21st Nov 2001, 02:30
Yeah, but who's doing what to whom? Haven't looked recently.... Have YOU?

BEX

Ahh-40612
21st Nov 2001, 19:56
Not sure I can read all these posts - what with GREY on GREY!!!!!

The goings-on above Strumble sector has taken a kinky turn with one of the participants wearing a paper bag over its head.

Growing discontent over the Plannner screens regarding the apparent blatant disregarding of CURRENT Health & Safety regulations.

Working at Nerc can make you blind!!!!

POMPI
22nd Nov 2001, 00:12
Next thing you're going to tell me is that somebody has removed the rubber chicken that was sitting on top of one of the CGW's.

tart
22nd Nov 2001, 03:38
The word on the 'street' is that the angel is needed to provide the prophetic voice for the LAS, Local Angelic Supervisor.

The last enemy that shall be defeated is death! :)

[ 21 November 2001: Message edited by: Station calling, I was on the Phone ]