PDA

View Full Version : French Troops Kiled By Su25

SALAD DODGER
7th Nov 2004, 13:57
8 FRENCH TROOPS DIED AND MANY MORE INJURED IN ATTACKS FROM SUKHOI 25 AIRCRAFT IN THE IVORY COAST.

NOTHING LEFT OF THE AIRFORCE NOW! BUT A VERY HARSH LESSON TO US ALL IN AFRICAN PEACEKEEPING...

FOR THE BBC STORY: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3989567.stm

WE Branch Fanatic
7th Nov 2004, 21:20
Perhaps this will remind certain people that not every third world nation has been subject to embargoes and no fly zones, and a potential air threat exists to Western forces.

Time to reconsider cuts in fighter sqaudrons, the premature loss of the Sea Harrier, reductions in GBAD capabilities....

PTT
7th Nov 2004, 23:07
"France hit back, destroying what it said was the entire Ivory Coast air force — two Russian-made Sukhoi jets used in the bombing and five helicopter gunships. France scrambled three Mirage fighter jets to West Africa and ordered about 300 troops to ready for deployment in Ivory Coast."

Link (http://www.springfieldnews-leader.com/today/1107-Francestri-220689.html)

BlueWolf
8th Nov 2004, 07:00
Not very often you can say "Good on the French", but, well, good on the French.

Completely understandable and justified action in the circumstances.

steamchicken
8th Nov 2004, 12:08
Apparently the Ivorien army attempted to hit back at the flight line of the French base but were driven off. The Frogfoot kills were apparently by French Infantry.

Zoom
8th Nov 2004, 14:17
So let me get this straight: Frogfoots destroyed by Frogs on foot. Is that it?

pr00ne
8th Nov 2004, 20:03
Zoom,

I know it's no joking matter, I know what you wrote was corny and not very clever, blindingly obvious and not even original

However................

Thankyou for the biggest laugh of the day, loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offence meant to anyone involved.

snafu
10th Nov 2004, 08:54
Nice one Zoom! :E

Shouldn't that be Frogfeet?

Dengue_Dude
10th Nov 2004, 14:52
Is that Frogfoot still parked on the end of the ramp at Banjul?

I looked at it one day when we parked our 10 next to it, but couldn't see its flippers, it didn't even have shiny skin!

Zoom - very funny.

Along with the police, ambulance and fire service, the military is characterised by 'black humour'.

Long may it continue as the best way of coping.

Accepted it happened in the Ivory Coast, but please don't read anything into the statement 'black humour'.

Bye all