PDA

View Full Version : Over in NZ

2Can
7th Nov 2004, 06:18
With AirNZ employing is there a shortfall of pilots in the Regional operators?

Seem MT COOK have sent emails asking if people are still interested in them if you have applied thru staffcv. Whats the news. Are they going to interview?

Has AIR NELSON decided how many pilots they might need with their fleet replacement program?

Hows Air Chats, and Airwork going are they a good company to get in with? Do they look after their pilots

Cheers

splatgothebugs
8th Nov 2004, 23:42
1. Cook are definatley hiring.
2. Nelson may need between 30-40 pilots

So I guess there is a slight hiring boom going on at that moment

splat

outboundjetsetter
9th Nov 2004, 00:35
splatgothebugs: do you know if Air Nelson Have an email addresse(s) to contact them?..Im a kiwi Turbo prop driver overseas looking at returning home sometime.

Blue Line
9th Nov 2004, 03:29
Well I've heard that Air Nsn has a 50 hr local IF requirement, may or may not be true , but to apply ya need 50 hours around NZ

Chats & Airwork are short of Captains, Good pay for driving a metro around too ! :ok:

Howard Hughes
9th Nov 2004, 03:41
Watch out here come the Aussies!!;)

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Cornholio
9th Nov 2004, 03:46
Good pay for driving a metro Yeah choice, Bro!! :ok:

;)

Not ba-aaaaaaaad at all......

Try this (http://www.tourism.net.nz/cgi-tourism/enquiry.cgi?ttype=transport&id=22386)link for email.

MOR
9th Nov 2004, 09:18
Air Nelson require 50 hours recent NZ IF time, so if you have been flying overseas you are screwed (which is exactly the intent of the requirement).

outboundjetsetter
9th Nov 2004, 12:02
seems a bit strange to me ..? I have plenty of IFR experience flying all over New Zealand upto 5 months ago.Do they not seem to want kiwi's who have gone the extra mile to gain turbo prop experience by going overseas?.Things didnt seem that great in the industry 12 months ago over there.I had just under 1000 hours and couldnt get a break so moved overseas where I fly International Ops in a B190.
Love my job here but wouldnt mind returning home sometime.
I thought my experience might count more than someone who is just instructing/ flying pistons around and still in G.A. Ive been there down that.
If u keep your nz licence current and have current Instrument Renewals does that count?.
out/inbound

Raw Data
9th Nov 2004, 14:30
Nope. I tried it too, result was a cordial "eff off" as I didn't have the required 50 hours recent NZ IF time. The fact that I have over 10,000 hours flying jets around Europe means absolutely nothing. I believe MOR above had the same problem.

Basically, those who have gone overseas are cads and bounders, having "shortcut" the system (whatever system that is). Good loyal Kiwis who have stayed here are the only ones considered fit to hold a job flying a Saab.

Air Nelson employees naturally love this, so expect little sympathy on here!

I don't really want to get into this too much, I know MOR has had a big go at it before. I just wanted to add my experience. Give it a try and see how you get on.

Cloud Cutter
9th Nov 2004, 19:07
That Air Nelson requirement seems a bit archaic, and will be to their detriment in the next few years as they scrape the barrel of local pilots, particularly with so much Dash 8 experience out there in the big wide world.

Eagle (smallest of the ANZ link operators with B1900Ds) have no such requirement, and recent new hires have included a good number of expats (from Aus, Africa and Europe). While pay and conditions are well below Mt Cook and Air Nelson, it is a good stepping stone back into the Kiwi industry, they are on StaffCV.

Hope that helps:ok:

HH, your welcome mate - you bring the VB;)

Howard Hughes
9th Nov 2004, 21:52
AHHHHH, VB, MMMMMMMM

I sound more like Homer everyday!!

Yeh, but you guys drink outta longnecks do'nt ya? I could'nt keep up!!

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

thechap
10th Nov 2004, 00:56
Outboundjetsetter,
You should try Vincent Aviation if you have B1900 time. I had Steve Kingsbury, the ops manager, in the jump seat the other week and I thought he was a pretty reasonable guy. They apparently had just hired four guy's. Over here at Air Chats we have just hired a number of FO's, six I think. Excellent managment, pay is good. We do work quite hard but the flying is good fun and varied. A job for people who are a bit more hands on and like it that way. Also you could try Koke over at Air National as they were looking for pilots lately. Email me if you want some contact details.

SkySurfin
10th Nov 2004, 04:09
Dont think that 50 hours I.F. rule is set in concrete at Nelson. I had a mate on the last ground course who had been flying overseas for the past 3 years (All in Pistons) and CERTAINLY had no recent NZ I.F. time, apart from his renewal! Infact the only IF time he has done in NZ is training for the rating. In saying this he has been back in the country looking for work. It may be a different story if you are emailing them from overseas?............

Shagtastic
10th Nov 2004, 08:39
So anyone know the contact for Air Nelson?

assymetric
10th Nov 2004, 10:09
has anyone had a response to the emails from Mt Cook. :ok: