PDA

View Full Version : 2005 training plan??

gza
6th Nov 2004, 18:43
Hey!

Just curious to know if somebody is aware of the 2005 training plan........DEFO'S and DESO'S starting dates......how will the training department be occupied in the year to come....will they concentrate on FO'S first and then SO'S or vice-versa...etc...

Thanx!

quacker
17th Dec 2004, 03:17
Does anyone have any updates. There was a rumour of a drastic reduction in SO recruitment numbers.

Altyre
17th Dec 2004, 08:15
I can't tell you how many they are going to hire, but I have my second interview in mid-January and they are still posting advertisement both for FO and SO, so I guess they still need pilots.

BankAngle50
10th Jan 2005, 04:33
Any news if CX will take direct entry FO (pax fleet) this year for those with airline jet time?

404 Titan
10th Jan 2005, 05:30
BankAngle50

CX doesn't have direct entry F/O entry onto the pax fleet. Only way in to the pax fleet is direct entry S/O or cadet sceem if you are a Hong Kong Permanent Resident.

If you want to get into CX as a direct entry F/O it will have to be on the freighter fleet.

jtr
13th Jan 2005, 10:07
A lot of S/O to F/O courses have been switched to F/O to Capt courses as they realised they will soon be short of Captains. Net result, much slower upgrades for S/O's and an increase in F/O (Airbus in part.) overtime.