PDA

View Full Version : Papeete (NTAA) Operations

FlareArmed
5th Nov 2004, 23:03
I'm operating a biz jet into NTAA in the near future.

It's my first visit and I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up over the likely sequence of events for arrivals and departures or any other useful information.

Bill Smith
6th Nov 2004, 00:14
If you have a Jepp trip kit look in the Entry Requirement section for details. Be warned some of the phone numbers have not been updated but with a little ringing around should be able to get the details you are after.
If you have your overflights done by a dedicated company they should provide you with all the information you need.
If you do it yourself then with a little perserverance on the telephone and fax machine you can sort overflight clearances with little problem.
I have found french polynesia a delight to fly through as far as ground handling and services go.

FlareArmed
6th Nov 2004, 00:32
Thanks Bill,

I have the ground handling and clearances organised.

I am particularly interested in the common ATC procedures/tracking and any tips so I can put together a crew brief for the arrival and departure.

It looks pretty straightforward but whenever I go to a new airport, I try and put together an airline style route briefing guide to take advantage of any local knowledge I can find.

Tuner 2
6th Nov 2004, 07:47
A bit of noise abatement stuff here -

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/noise/papeete.html