PDA

View Full Version : Cheap glass cockpit simulators

Superpilot
5th Nov 2004, 09:03
Hi folks,

I'm on the search for the cheapest glass cockpit aircraft simulator in the SE of England. I'm just a PPL but fancy a go on one of these, so the sim's got to be open to the genereal public. So your recommendations please!

Thank you.

reverserunlocked
5th Nov 2004, 09:12
Hi Superpilot

If it's still going, you're best off having a go at the old Trident sim that resides in in a barn not too far from Biggin Hill. Loads of Ppruners have had a go in it and despite the age of the thing it's still pretty cool. It has dusk visuals, and you can have a go at the Kai Tak approach which certainly focuses your mind. I'd like to add that I did it and got a greaser!
You can also have a stab at the Canarsie Visual approach to JFK.

The guy who owns it is called Andy Mattocks. I've mislaid the phone number but I'm sure another PPruner will be along with it pretty soon.

RU

Superpilot
5th Nov 2004, 09:29
Thanks, been to that one a couple of years ago, would prefer something a bit more newer just to satisfy the taste buds. But it's definitely a good sim.

Doors to Automatic
5th Nov 2004, 10:14
I have formed a company with a couple of cockpit builders and we are opening a flight sim centre next year.

Initially we are planning to have a B777-200 simulator and possibly a Hawk simulator and if the venture takes off we will be adding an A320 series sim and a virtual cabin. The cabin will be used for "fear of flying" courses where customers can experience a virtual flight without actually leaving the ground.

Back to the sim - it will be accurate to the last dial, with quality authentic replica parts for everything from the throttles to the overhead back-lit switches - nothing homebuilt here!

Whilst the sim won't be full-motion (yet) it will incorporate a 180 degree visual system and motorised seats which respond to bumps on the ground etc so the feeling of motion will be there.

The sim will be hired out at a fraction of the cost of the existing glass-cockpit simulators on the market today and will be available 7 days per week.

The location of our flight centre is likely to be in the North-west of England but not confirmed yet.

We will be advertising in the spotter mags as well as Pilot magazine once we are open.

PPRuNe Pop
6th Nov 2004, 07:06
Interesting.

But................that is the closest you will come to advertising on PPRuNe :p

No more thank you.

Edit: Unless, of course, you pay for it ;)

Doors to Automatic
15th Dec 2004, 12:47
We've nothing to advertise yet but rest assured when we have I'll be happy to put some legitimate business your way.:ok: