PDA

View Full Version : Vulcanair P68c

huntsman
5th Nov 2004, 07:02
just had a bit of a burn in the NEW Vulcanair P68c.
very nice to see the new quality in a cheapish (to run) twin.

appears to be not a bad rig, but who'd like to take a stab at the price (in $AUD)?

Rich-Fine-Green
5th Nov 2004, 18:45
I would guess not much change out of AUD$1million with good gear on board..........

:{

belowMDA
6th Nov 2004, 19:00
yeah, all sparkly and new looking with all that flash gear, but the real question is what is the usefull load now? probably a good 100kg less than one of the old ones. And the engine instrumentation is a bit of a mess from what I can see.

bush pelican
7th Nov 2004, 04:30
For A$550-650K, brilliant..say no more!

For A$850-950K (actual price), doubt if many (any) will get off the ground. Unrefined for that price.

Bit 'kit plane-ish' up the front. LCD displays look like it's out of a Jabaru. Have to look from one to the other for MP, RPM etc. etc. Not very ergonomic. The usual 200hp Lyco thumpers and vibration. Still pitches with flap. They say Garmin 1000s are coming, (for another 100K) and diesels, another 100! Leading edge is now alloy and the spar has been strenghthened, also U/C. Pilot's door standard but on the wrong side. Opens just in front of the prop. No restraint and very lightly built. Has a set of contacts in the sill which close the stb engine mag circuit while the door is CLOSED!
Open it and the engine stops. Hope the door does'nt come open on TO. Door latch is pretty flimsy with no safety backup catch.
Has a safety backup to stop the catch from opening but the catch its'-self is pretty light on for the job.

New Aust Distributor seems keen and good, with adequate resources to back up the product. Aircraft has been issued with a new Type Cert. As mentioned called a Vulcan Air-P68C. Company does'nt seem too keen to know about Patenavias

As I said, doable for 550, not 850.