PDA

View Full Version : Instructor rating training

pilotchap
3rd Nov 2004, 20:54
Were in the south west i.e bristol area can i get my FIC on a part time basis? as any one done a part time FIC if so how long did it take?

Charlie Zulu
3rd Nov 2004, 22:51
I reckon Aero's should be able to sort you out *but* you will have to go to Gloucester Airport for the training. Its not that far up the M5 though.

Send Clowns
3rd Nov 2004, 23:26
Very pleasant chap called Dave Jones came down to Bournemouth from Bristol to administer my test. Not sure if he is still there, but if you really can't get down to the best FI(R) school in the country (just about South West, and yes, I do work for them :O ) then I would heartily recommend him. Anyone know his contact details? If not I can probably find them from my head of training.

pilotchap
5th Nov 2004, 10:09
has anybody actually done a part time course?

Send Clowns
5th Nov 2004, 10:13
I did. Took a little longer than I intended, mostly because I was busy at work (since it was my head of training teaching me, I couldn't claim dentists appointments!) but worked well around part-time job. If you work full-time then you'll be restricted to weekends over the winter (I was committed at weekends, so was not an option for me), but that should be enough.

Great course, improved my flying no end.

avrodamo
5th Nov 2004, 18:09
I did mine at Sky Leisure at Shoreham Airport. I did mine on a kinda F/T come P/T basis...They will work round whatever you want to do. Instruction is top notch too!!!