PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair Roster patterns

screw fix diret
3rd Nov 2004, 07:54
I am curently employed by a struggling UK Charter outfit and have an imminent move to Dragon Air planned. I would like to know a bit about the rostering patterns at Dragon Air in comparison to any generic UK jet charter outfit you might care to think off.
My current rating is on Boeing 75/76 so presumably I will convert to the scare bus. That being the case, how long to get a full house of ratings ie the 330?
Any comments gratefully received, but I am anticipating replies from current Dragon Air drivers who originated in the UK.

MJMJKG
3rd Nov 2004, 11:08
Some advise you might like to take if your about to join us.

1. It's Dragonair not Dragon Air
2. Come here calling it a scare bus and see how far you get
3. You get 8 day's off per month and at the moment 90-95 stick hours is normal

Welcome to KA

christn
3rd Nov 2004, 12:56
I think it should be:

'Some advice you might like to take if you're about to join us.'

If English is not your first language I apologise and retract my comments.

screw fix diret
3rd Nov 2004, 14:11
Sorry - only used as a term of endearment.

So what would a typical week look like? Do you just do a 2 sector day or more? Do you spend any nights away from home base? Do you typically work minimum rest? etc

I apologise for any incorrect English, but being a Brummie living close to Liverpool its surprising its as good as it is!:ok:

Australia2
3rd Nov 2004, 15:20
At present on 330 :

8 - 10 nights away per month, usually short o/nites.
2-3 sectors per day.
Min 8 days off, several stby that can go either way - as mentioned above generally busy, great company.

Seems late in the piece ( with imminant start) to be finding out ?!

Oz2

screw fix diret
3rd Nov 2004, 17:33
Ah - your reading to much into my original post. I have an imminent move planned. KA haven't actually invited to join - yet - but I know they want to!

Think positive

Presumably you guys get dual rated 320/330?

idg
8th Nov 2004, 11:09
Nope. Not at the moment.