PDA

View Full Version : Logbook mistakes

takeonme
31st Oct 2004, 23:38
Just in a bit of a pickle here.

Getting with the new age, I recently punched all my hours into one of those computerised logbooks. After 6 years of flying however, there is a bit of a difference (7 or 8 hours) between what hours the computer says I have, and what my logbook says, obviously due to small mistakes along the way.

Any recommendations on what to do? Go through the logbook with a fine tooth comb looking where things went wrong? Just write the new total at the bottom of the current page? Start a new logbook from scratch? Buy a calculator and stop using my head?

Might see what CASA reckons.

Cheers

185skywagon
1st Nov 2004, 00:23
find the mistakes and put an Error in Addition line in your logbook.
put the dates that they occurred. should suffice.

Obiwan
1st Nov 2004, 05:28
Getting with the new age, I recently punched all my hours into one of those computerised logbooks. Out of curiosity - which one are you using? Saves me trying them all out :ok:

Icarus2001
1st Nov 2004, 05:40
Seven or eight hours over six years! I guess many thousands of hours too?
Make the computer version agree with the paper version and move on.

EngineOut
1st Nov 2004, 22:46
Like 185 said.

If you have ever been the one responsible for aircraft maintenance, when MR's don't add up to the computer entries because of mental miscalculations on the MRs, just add a line, called "corrections", list the dates, +.2, -1.1... etc in the appropriate columns will fix it!

PS: I had the same thing ;)

Ultralights
2nd Nov 2004, 06:34
i had a similar problem a while ago, my first Instructor (Brian of Sydney Airways) would use .55 in the log book for a 55 min flight. my later instructors at Illawarra would put 0.9 for the same amount of time.

it took me a few hrs work to convert and copy my entire log book to my new one.

Mr. Hat
8th Nov 2004, 01:39
Ultralights - you are kidding aren't you bloke?

.55 for a 55minute flight. I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw but for farkssakes!!

How angry were you when you had to redo the whole thing?!!

Mr. Hat
9th Nov 2004, 04:29
Fair enough forgive my ignorance.

Maybe I'm on my own .9 still looks better to me.