PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream operators.

TwoDeadDogs
31st Oct 2004, 20:42
Hello all
Could anyone familiar with Loganair or Eastern's recruitment process put a few words up here about the entry process?
Do they accept low-houred fATPLs, integrated or modular? Is one expected to buy the Type in advance or do they bond new entrants and pay for the Type and deduct it from your salary? what kind of salary is paid to new FOs? what is the average amount of hours flown per pilot per year? What's the roster like? what are their reputations as employers?
regards
TDD

rada76
5th Nov 2004, 20:08
Please never give up trying.

I've been and passed the 'Chicken and Egg' scene. It took a while and involved the whole nine yards.

It would appear that Eastern accept a wide range of training backgrounds aswell as mixed experience levels. Modular and Integrated are both accepted as long as you will 'fit' the company both in person and in location.

F/O's basic is around the £18.5K mark and rises steadily.

The bond is there for the type rating but this is not fierce.

Some people get rejected with T/prop experience while others get in with 300hrs. Just the way the lottery goes.

Best of luck and don't give up.

Regards RADA

TwoDeadDogs
5th Nov 2004, 20:31
Hi RADA
Good answer, thanks.
regards
TDD

Megaton
6th Nov 2004, 13:47
Loganair will interview low-hour fATPLs from modular schools including those who are over 30. Straighforward interviwe with nothing nasty. Company history, your background and some technical questions. V nice company but pay is pretty poor.

Luke SkyToddler
8th Nov 2004, 09:16
Bearing in mind the title of the thread, I should perhaps point out that Logan don't actually operate Jetstreams.

The only UK operators that do, are Eastern and Highland. There's also a new J31 I have observed in recent weeks started operating out of Belfast, and I believe it's operating on behalf of Euromanx.

The Eastern interview has been pretty well covered by rada76. The last two that have joined Highland recently have been already type rated but we certainly don't exclusively recruit type rated, it just so happened there were some type rated cv's on the desk. For non type rated it's a normal sign-a-bond arrangement. In any case there's an interview with the MD and chief pilot, a fair mix of tech and personal stuff, also a lot of questions regarding winter ops / deicing etc. There's also supposed to be a B200 sim ride to be done down in Coventry, although in practice this sim ride quite often doesn't happen if you've already got a good amount of turboprop and/or multi piston experience.

Oh yeah, and our pay is better than Logan and Eastern as well :ok: