PDA

View Full Version : The Annual - Brisbash Dec 18 2004

GoGirl
31st Oct 2004, 19:16
That time of year has swung around once more.

BRISBASH

This is our 3rd year running and already is shaping up to be the biggest :ok:
Last year saw the first attendance by a Woomeri, who managed to behave :=
Said Woomeri has threatened to reappear this year to apologise and make up for good behaviour :O

This event has been such fun in past years, I can't recommend it more highly, you'll really enjoy yourself, and, let's face it, you can talk aviation until you're blue in the face :sad:
Why not make it a date with your 'favouite' PPRuNe adversary and bury the hatchett over a few cold brews :E

All PPRuNe Brisvegas locals, DON'T MISS THIS!!!
All welcome regardless of aviation background or lack thereof :\

When : Saturday 18th December 2004

Where : Breakfast Creek Hotel, Breakfast Creek/Hamilton, Brisbane

Time : 1600 onwards

Accomodation : Plenty of it. Kingsford Smith Drive is the major road. This is 5 mins from the city and 5 - 10 from the a/port.
A couple of weeks out from the event would be a good time to have a look at Wotif (http://www.wotif.com.au/)

Anyone requiring additional information can send me a private message here at PPRuNe or alternatively, an Email ([email protected])

I'd like to lay down the challenge and state that; as yet, we've not had a Kiwi in attendance....... slackers ;)

See you there!

GoGirl

Woomera
1st Nov 2004, 00:00
Also copied over to PPRuNe Bashes Forum, here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1586710#post1586710)

Woomera

GoGirl
1st Nov 2004, 04:07
Champion ;)

GG

OzExpat
1st Nov 2004, 06:44
I shall be there! :ok:

Subject to :-
1. Not dying in the meantime;
2. Not suffering severe disability in the meantime;
3. Not drinking too much to excess the night before;
4. Not missing the flight; :}
5. Flight not arriving too late; :eek:
6. Transport from airport being available; and, above all,
7. So long as TV and KK will also be there! :E

The Voice
1st Nov 2004, 13:27
Oze

say after me ..

1. I shall not die in the meantime;
2. I shall not suffer severe disability in the meantime;
3. I shall not drink too much to excess the night before;
4. I shall not miss the flight;
5. The flight shall not arrive late;
6. Transport from airport will be available;

and,

above all,

7. TV will be there and KK will be given every encouragement to also get there!

oh I can't wait for this one ... I have a feeling that this may be the beautiful beginning of a lot more of these sesh's GG :E

OzExpat
2nd Nov 2004, 04:53
Okay TV, here goes...
1. I shall not die in the meantime;
2. I shall not suffer severe disability in the meantime;
3. I shall not drink too much to excess the night before;
4. I shall not miss the flight;
5. The flight shall not arrive late;
6. Transport from airport will be available;

and,

above all,

7. TV will be there and KK will be given every encouragement to also get there!
:suspect:

Inshallah... :D

Pinky the pilot
3rd Nov 2004, 06:30
Given what has been an interesting version of what could be construed as a life for me over the last twelve or so years I ''aint promisin' nuthin'' but you never know your luck, or indeed the lack of it!!
Having said that I feel a lot better! I'll see what I can do.

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Taildragger
4th Nov 2004, 22:18
Best bloody steak this side of the black stump at Breakfast Creek Hotel. Beer is cold too.
All of you in attendance enjoy, as it will be the first time Ozex has been drawn out of his Nipponese Restys and into a good Aussie Steakhouse.!!
Maybe they do rice with steak.??

OzExpat
5th Nov 2004, 06:28
Definitely and most demonstrably untrue Taily! I had a steak at the Brekky Creek pub last year! :p

Woomera
7th Nov 2004, 23:46
Taily. I can assure you Ozex was at last year's Brisbash at the Brekkie Creek.

I distinctly remember him lying on the floor, singing "The Good Ship Venue" in Pigin!

I know he had a steak. We saw it at least twice - once on the way down ....... nah, won't go there! :E

I left just before the cops arrived!!! :} :}

Woomera

Northern Chique
9th Nov 2004, 08:49
Oh gawd, I am 1. On holiday, 2. near enough in the vicinity of and wow I dammed as near could probably make it to a prune bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoGirl
9th Nov 2004, 14:33
'bout bloody time.....you've been threatening long enough :p

GG ;)

The Voice
9th Nov 2004, 21:24
CHIQUEY ..................maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

that must be an omen .. we're destined to catch up in BN all those K's from here, when we are usually just around the corner from each other!

Oze having spoken with KK t'other day .. things are grimish in that bit of the playpen .. barring winning the lotto and a bit of rostering magic she most likely won't be there :{ BUT ..

Chiquette is a more than capable playmate for us all !! :E

OzExpat
10th Nov 2004, 06:42
Can it possibly be true? Have ID90 fares actually increased so much that she needs a lotto win to buy the ticket? :{ I won't be able to stay at Casa GG this time around, so there'd be a spare bed for her there, I'm sure.

However, I am greatly encouraged (and aroused :D ) by the thought that Chiquey might actually be there this year! :ok: It'd be simply perfect now if KK can weave some magic to be there too! :ok:

It's probably too much to hope for, but I live in hope! :E
Chiquette is a more than capable playmate for us all !! :E
I'm not entirely sure that I know what this is intended to mean, but am content with my own interpretation! :E

Kaptin M
12th Nov 2004, 20:04
The week before XMAS :( sorry GG, it's next to impossible to get time off then as the locals demand their leave around those times...XMAS, Easter, New Year - obviously they hold some religious significance for Buddhists :confused:

Will give you a call when we hit Bris on the way back through, prior to the "big day".:ouch:

Northern Chique
14th Nov 2004, 11:46
Chiquette is a more than capable playmate for us all !!

well.... thats one hell of a rep to live up to! :}

I had some practice at the 000 Ball Voice, so I guess that could be considered a warm up event :E

tipsy
24th Nov 2004, 09:20
Is Tipsy allowed to attend?

tipsy

The Voice
24th Nov 2004, 20:52
Tipsy,

ALL ARE WELCOME...

unless there is something you're not telling us??

Chiquey,

hmmmm the 000 Ball .. yup, that'd be a good warm up :E

tipsy
25th Nov 2004, 00:13
Dear Voice, I'm not telling. Let's just say "the cat's got my tongue":ok:

tipsy

The Voice
25th Nov 2004, 01:14
Dear Tipsy.

Que?

is there a subliminal message for me in your last post? ..

Woomera
25th Nov 2004, 01:43
Tipsy.

Have no fear. The PPRuNe Brisbash will be Moderated by PPRuNe's Finest.........

:}

Woomera

tipsy
25th Nov 2004, 03:24
Good to hear, that means ONLY Woomeri will be there

tipsy

OzExpat
25th Nov 2004, 06:41
No tipsy, you definitely can't come, but there'll be serious trouble is yer owners don't show up! This year, just for a change, be sure to eat your food sparingly rather than all at once. That way, ya won't be such a nuisance to the said owners upon their return! :p

I was almost gunna say that the reason ya can't come is that the pub don't allow animals, but that would rule out yer owners too... :}

Have ya figured it out yet Voice? :D

If the great W's post is to be believed, it seems that we'll have the company of a different Modbod this year... :p

The Voice
25th Nov 2004, 08:53
Oze

oh, duh .... :ugh:

I suspected as much, just didn't want to give the game away!

I somewhat seriously edited my second response so as not to ask the obvious dog question!! :8

Geeze, Voice. You certainly were a bit slow.......... Even OzExpat worked it out!!! :} :}

Woomera

Geeze, Wommera/(i)/(s) .. Twern't .. T'was merely exercising my diplomatic skills .. I might need 'em again one day!! :ugh: :\

and on another note ....

I do believe we may soon be (re)joined by another famous blast from the past!!!!

GoGirl
25th Nov 2004, 13:18
Oooh, I suspect there's going to be quite a few surprises in store this year :E

Please forgive pussy's behaviour, he's become quite the little typist whilst I wan't looking :hmm:

Starting to get into the spirit of the silly season hee by putting up the "tree" last night. (some 'arty-farty creation I think looks o.k , but sadly, I think I'm on my own there)

Said Woomera, is there to be any chance of Santa De PPRuNe filling the sack with some merchandise that could be purchased at the Brisbash?

On the success, and subsequent feedback of last years attendants, it has been decided to forgo the Spanish Garden Bistro and rather mix with the 'great unwashed' in the outer domain :ok:
Meals can still be purchased from the outdoor BBQ bistro, and, as is proven, the steak is second to none ;)

Hey TV, someone dear to me is moving up your way, just as you escape!!

Cheers!
GG

We're not that far down the track with the PPRuNe Dunnunda polo shirts, so won't be available at the Brisbash, although I may wear my "Made in Pommyland" PPRuNe T Shirt! :E

Woomera

The Voice
25th Nov 2004, 20:33
GG

oh for goodness sake!!!!! :ugh:

typical .. all the fun starts when I leave ... :E

we need to speak .. bell me when you're vertical .. I'm home at least the next 3 days .. attached to crutches!!

tipsy
26th Nov 2004, 00:27
Voicey, wasamatter with ya crutch(es)

tipsy

The Voice
26th Nov 2004, 05:36
oh dear me Tipsy ..

you are a naughty puss !!! :E

OzExpat
26th Nov 2004, 06:38
I thought you had that pussy under control GG! :p

GoGirl
28th Nov 2004, 14:07
turned feral mate :E

Ok kids, we're getting closer, only 3 weeks to go now.

I'd love to be able to have an idea of numbers, so, anyone who's not yet indicated, could you please do so, even if it is tentative, either by private message, or email (email link on first page...too damn lazy to do it again!)

No need to be scared, we're all lovely people....even OzEx, who has 2 heads, is quite resonable :p

GG

The Voice
28th Nov 2004, 21:23
Ozex is quite resonable

Yup .. he resonates quite well with liquid refreshments in place :}

I'd be thinking there's about 4ish from up here this way ... :\ we can hope for 5 .. that's enough for a fair suck of the sauce bottle with youse and Oze .. :E

OzExpat
29th Nov 2004, 06:43
:uhoh: Ya mean to say that the WHOLE NT contingent will be on the same flight as me? :eek: It's gunna be a real loooooooong day... :O

GoGirl
9th Dec 2004, 09:21
Ok, the count at this stage stands at 12 definites and 4 tentative.

We should hopefully also be in receipt of the PPRuNe Bash Register....fingers crossed!

A small change from my lot. I will not be able to get to the pub any earlier than 1700.
This shouldn't pose a big problem, grab a drink and enjoy yourself and play 'spot the fellow ppruner' - such a fun game; I speak from experience ;)

The day of the Bash only, I will post a telephone number that I can be reached on, on that day.

Don't forget, anyone's welcome, but I do urge you to let me know if you're considering coming along, just so we can get an area large enough to accommodate all of us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

GG

OzExpat
10th Dec 2004, 07:07
All being well, my mobile should be operational on 14 December. I'm part of the reason why GG is going to be delayed... well, me and that Top End crowd o' course! :p Anyway, my number is :-

0439 753 931

Taildragger
14th Dec 2004, 21:54
OK Prooners.... enjoy the night this weekend in Brisvegas, and please please do not drink too much. I have arranged the Salvos to come around at 9.30 to close the proceedings with a Sing Sing Bilong Hamamas, and to bless you all. The Breakfast Creek Hotel, from Memory, closes at 2200. Coffee and Sprite on Tap. Please look after Ozex. Let loose from Peengee he tends to go berserk. Do not show anything abve the knee ladies....he can't handle it, specially if it's pale. have a Happy Christmas and a Great New Year in the sunshine. Would love to join you, but Mrs. TD is dragging me off to Church.!!

Woomera
14th Dec 2004, 22:20
Woomera and the haus kuk will be in attendance.

:ok:

Woomera

tipsy
15th Dec 2004, 03:55
OK this little pussy will be there. Seems I have been delegated to drive not only the reffo from Port Morbin but a couple from the NT and their DOG (yuk) from the airport as well.

If there is room in the trusty car, Disco Stu will be there inspite of his banning by some poncey foreigners.

tipsy

OzExpat
15th Dec 2004, 05:55
Sounds like we all need to hope that the said dog is house... errrm car trained! :eek:

Oh, yes tipsy... don't forget the esky full of G/T! :E

The Voice
15th Dec 2004, 06:34
Hey Tipsy ..

someone I know has gone and hired a car .. so, it'll be you and two ...

.. .till later :E

tipsy
15th Dec 2004, 08:13
Huge sigh of relief just heard across SE QLD.

Hooray we got rid of the dog, next that bloke from AYPY

tipsy

OzExpat
16th Dec 2004, 05:52
You'll get yer chance for that too tipsy, but not before Sunday lunchtime! :p But if the esky full of G/T is forgotten, then that naughty pussy will be getting yet another kick up the dung funnel this year... :E

I tried to get a Business Class upgrade but there was nothing available. Looks like I gotta travel with all them outta control Territorians after all... :}

"Haus Kuk" huh? Hmmm... I wonder why Woomera will be bringing his kitchen along? :D

Woomera
17th Dec 2004, 02:23
OzExpat. One needs to have couth and culture to get a J Class upgrade...............

And you obviously haven't spent much time in the Highlands. "Haus Kuk" is not merely the kitchen, but also refers to the slave that labours therein. :E

Woomera

GoGirl
17th Dec 2004, 08:38
aahh, look, a pretty, printed hard copy of this topic in my hot little hand :E

I can be baught ;) ;) :E :E

GG

OzExpat
17th Dec 2004, 11:51
also refers to the slave that labours therein.
Yeah W, but without the context, how was I to know? At least that you didn't make the mistake of referring to the said slave as a "cook"! :}

Poor GG... now yer gunna havta print the whole thing all over again... :D

A little while ago, I heard that there's been a rather messy and most untimely major storm in Darwin. This might affect at least some of those Territorians who were planning to be with us. :{ Haven't heard back on that yet, but hope it hasn't upset their plans.

The Voice
17th Dec 2004, 16:38
a rather messy and most untimely major storm in Darwin yup .. that it was alrighty .. a little windswept and a tad soggy but we'll be there .. DOG AND ALL :}

106 clicks at Lee Point according to the weather chiccy .. bluddy windy at my place .. there's a palm tree supported by ropes right near the spa until we get back .. christ I hope it holds that long .... :ugh: some big "mf" trees down along the major roads and across cars, and the SES were playing in my street at 2200hrs local - noisy sods!

might affect at least some of those Territorians who were planning to be with us not freaking likely Oz old mate .. not freaking likely!! :E I can't sleep and in any case I have to have the cat hater in the cage and ready to load at 0430hrs .. after the power finally came back on it was all systems flat out to get everything done ...

OzExpat
17th Dec 2004, 21:50
These Territorians are a hardy lot! :ok: Reckon, after all that effort and no sleep, they'll be partying all the way thru Saturday night! ;)

W... It just occurred to me why I went with "kitchen" as the translation. I'd only heard the term "haus kuk" used to refer to a kitchen "slave" once - and that was in Goroka. Strange eh? :E The term that I heard more often in the Highlands was "kuk boi". :p

Now... if yer planning to bring the "kuk boi"... :eek: :}

Blue Sky Baron
17th Dec 2004, 21:53
I hope you all have a great time, GG knows how to organise anything and if it involves booze it will be even better. ;)

I was hoping to sneak up yesterday if work and finances permitted but neither seemed to want to cooperate. :(

I'll try again next year. :{

BSB:ok:

GoGirl
17th Dec 2004, 22:53
Hey BSB!
You were going to 'sneak' up eh :=
You know you have accomms with us whenever the mood strikes ;)
Sorry you'll not be joining us, but if it's any concillation, we are tied by the same constraints, it's just that
A) I'm a really good liar when it comes to throwing sickies for DS :ok:
&
B) We have friends in low places whove promised to force alcohol down my throat at all costs :E

See, there's ways around everything, you just need a little imagination. (oh yeah, miracles help too!!!)

You will be missed.

TV thanks so much for the wake up SMS at 0615 - Champ ;)

For anyone needing to contact me today, I can be reached on the following number;

0439 851 767

Well, signing off now until probably after the event, so looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Cheers!

GG

Kaptin M
18th Dec 2004, 09:52
Live web feed at 2045 BCST (Brekkie Creek Standard Time) - tried speaking with a few of the attendees, but their incoherency was drowned out by the sound of popping corks, the chinking of Gordons bottles against glass (or teeth), and tipsy's raging fever!!

Lucky Bar-stewards!!!!

(Sorry the connection wasn't the best, guys.)

GoGirl
19th Dec 2004, 02:21
And there goes another year...........

First task on the agenda is to thank every one of you who attended for making the night a great success :ok:

Official attendees;

OzExpat
GoGirl
Disco Stu
Wirraway
Mrs Wirraway who is by far the biggest legend PPRuNe has never known!!!
Torres
Ms Torres
Flyinverted
Mrs Flyinverted
Animalclub
The Voice
Mr The Voice-to-be

Unofficial attendees;

Tipsy feral animal, can't be trusted.....absolute cad with the ladies
Woomera Ok, IT attended, but it was all too brief
Kaptin M because he rang from a land far far away
Pinky The Pilot because he SMS'd from a land far far away
Northernchique
the story is she's been kidnapped, there's a large ransom outstanding

I guess the tone of the night was set when Disco Stu left me alone in the hotel room to go and collect Ozexpat from the Airport.
2 words spring to mind

MINI BAR :E

Suffice to say, the boys walked and I swayed somewhat to the stairs of the entrance to the Hotel where Ozexpat took the obligatory 'Pub Shot' with his camera.

We couldn't have asked for a better day wx wise. A balmy 30c or thereabouts, perfect drinking wx :ok:
The Breakfast Creek hotel again provided the perfect atmosphere.

We almost stumbled straight into Mr and Mrs Wirraway, who'd taken it upon themselves to kick off proceedings with a few coldies. What's a girl to do? Cheers to that!
...and cheers some more!!!

Soon thereafter Torres and Ms arrived, and well, I reckon the pictures will speak for themselves, alas there was no doubting we were a bunch of PPRuNers!

Before we were able to get too serious, we had to move digs to accommodate the expanding group.
Gee, I think now, if we'd stayed where we were, the next reprobate would have well and truly given up on us :p
But Animalclub did spot us, so there was no turning back!!

I think maybe 20 minutes had elapsed from the time we 3 amigos arrived until the first PNG gaff began := Possibly a record.
We'd just had enough time to throw back a drink each when Mr and Mrs Flyinverted arrived, beaming the glow of newly-weds!

Cheers to that :ok:
.....and cheers some more!!!

Soon the procession to the bar became more frequent, and Mrs Wirrawy seemed to be cutting the lead most trips!
It was apparant that most of us could've eaten a horse, chased the jockey, then grazed on the turf, so we ordered our renowned steaks.

The bash register made the rounds and history was once again recorded; albeit a blurred, undecipherable version :\

We moved the discussion from aviation to age - as you do - and I believe the quote of the evening ;
Torres 'I don't think he's as old as me'
OzExpat 'Torres mate, no one's as old as you!'

Safer to get the discussion back to aviation and PNG once again became the topic.

The Voice & Mr The Voice-to-be were the latecommers, but they had a resonable excuse.
And well, whaddya know, they've not long been engaged, so.....cheers to that!
...and cheers some more!!!

Myself, Mrs Wirra & Ms Torres then decided to make the boys a little scared and started to organise a chicks shopping weekend expedition :E
Wirraway drowned his sorrows and vowed to buy more lenses for his camera!

We put in a good few solid hours of banter, food and drink, and for what its worth, I personally enjoyed myself immensely!

Pulled up pretty well this morning, and enjoyed a leisurely buffet breakky with OzEx and Disco Stu.
We then saw The Voice & Mr The Voice-to-be away and kicked OzEx out on the kurb at the airport.

Have now just arrived home to a REALLY PISSED OFF CAT :suspect:

I'll try to get some piccies up and online by the end of the day.

Thanks again all, and to those who didn't make it - there's always next year!

Cheers
GG

edited for clarity :\

tipsy
19th Dec 2004, 09:32
I had a PURRRRRRRRFECTLY wonderful time, thank you everybody.

just a little
tipsy

Woomera
19th Dec 2004, 10:17
I'm home. Peace for another year.................... :ok:

God, what did I do with the Aspros.............??? :{

Animalclub
19th Dec 2004, 10:32
I was p1ssed off this morning... some dozy bint clunked her wheeled suitcase down the three flights of outside concrete stairs at my motel at 0530... and I heard every clunk. Me, in pj bottoms - straight out of bed and most irate, is not a pretty sight... so she said sorry and ran off before I opened my mouth.

GG... I'm pleased I found you lot before the lurgy set in. Thanks for arranging it... not the lurgy - the party.

Cheers

Torres
19th Dec 2004, 10:33
:ok: (http://uploads.freeupload.net/uploads/3306.jpg)

:} (http://uploads.freeupload.net/uploads/3307.jpg)

(Click on the above icons.)

"...straight out of bed and most irate, is not a pretty sight..."

So, what's different from any other time? :yuk:

GoGirl
19th Dec 2004, 13:31
At last some PICTURES (http://www.fototime.com/inv/281B8C97BFC1D48)

:E

GG

redsnail
19th Dec 2004, 15:15
Looked like a tonne of fun and a damn sight warmer than it is here now :D
Onya!

The Voice
19th Dec 2004, 20:54
ahh GG you've done it again!!

Yes, it was a fantastic night and wonderful to catch up again with Mr and Mrs (I'm so priiiiiiity ;) Wirra) such a delectable lady; DS I wonder why he's so happy?? hmmmmmm?? and Oz who's looking mighty fine considering his official escort duties ex CNS!!!

Lovely to meet the newly weds, Mr and Mrs T, AnimalClub and look forward to tangoing next year with you!! :E

I'm very pleased to say that after a few hours sleep I am feeling rather dangerous .. LOOK OUT SHOPS .. here I come. (I'm going to treat this as a little warm up the girls only shopping frenzy :8 , I'm in the mood for a little damage to the plastic!)

great night all, and a shame we missed out on a couple of attendees, however the excuses offered were plausible, this time

Pinky the pilot
20th Dec 2004, 09:39
Looked at all the piccies and have come to the inescapable conclusion that once again I've missed out on a lot of fun!:{ :{
If there is any justice in this (expletive deleted) world I will get to the next bash!!!! If only to join in with Ozexpat in my favourite subject; aviation in the ''land of the unexpected":ok:

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

OzExpat
21st Dec 2004, 03:11
Well those pics have brought back SOME memories... :eek: If I can get another decent connection later on, shall upload my reply to the way in which I've been defamed... ;) :E

john_tullamarine
22nd Dec 2004, 01:25
.. 'tis a fine line between praise and defamation late in the evening ...

I shall try to lift my game and get there next year.

OzExpat
22nd Dec 2004, 02:06
Well, finally, after having more trouble than any of you will want to hear about, my own version of events is now online. Fewer photos than usual this time because I didn't want to offend any "sensitivities". At the request of some of the participants, I have excluded a few of the more revealing pics... ;) I can probably be bought tho... :E

PPRuNe Brisbash 2004 (http://www.fototime.com/inv/C1A340B86D28217)

Hope to see you there next year j_t! Meantime, merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! :ok:

GoGirl
22nd Dec 2004, 09:42
Excellent OzE, and Wirra for his contribution to the album ;)

(BTW Wirra, that piccie at Moffs is beautiful :ok: )

J_T of course you've gotta come along next year!!!!

Merry Christmas all!

GG

Jerricho
24th Dec 2004, 20:28
Great pics Oz!!!!

The good old Brekky Creek. Good times.

OzExpat
28th Dec 2004, 10:56
You'll just have to be at the next one Jerricho! A great way to avoid the bleak weather in your part of the world, eh? :D