PDA

View Full Version : CTC Training - Self Sponsered

jamie060
29th Oct 2004, 10:39
Does anybody know if it is possible to self sponser yourself through ab-initio training with CTC in New Zealand?

And roughly how much it would cost??

Cheers

BigGrecian
29th Oct 2004, 15:23
Well the bond they ask for is £60,000. So I assume it would be a minimum of that. However, they tell you that the amount they're spending on you is roughly £100,000 in total (If you believe what they tell you) So I should imagine its somewhere towards the top end of that.
The CTC ATP scheme is £6000 for the AQC before you enter the hold pool, so you could estimate it as a £66,000?
However, in reality your getting your training, split betwen UK/NZ with flights/accomodation, and a type rating. So in reality it is going to be at least £80,000 at a very bottom end estimate!

You can't self sponsor with CTC anyway, the best way to take advantage of CTC is to self sponsor up to Fatpl (not getting into the integrated/modular argument) and then apply for the ATP scheme.

Good Luck,
BigGrecian

jamie060
31st Oct 2004, 09:50
What i mean't is this though.

Can u learn to fly at the same school as the CTC cadets by following a modular route?

Not completing the whole course including type rating, just up to fATPL?

Rod Eddington
31st Oct 2004, 21:25
Nope, fraid not.... the only bit you can do that is the same would be BGS.... who are bloody good!... but thats it im afraid

Wing_Bound_Vortex
1st Nov 2004, 21:18
just a quick question........

is Nz somewhere you've always wanted to see then? Just wondering why you'd want to go all the way out there to train?

The states is a lot closer if you're wanting to work your way up from ppl and do hour building, the ctc cadets do their cpl/ir in the Uk anyway.

WBV

volant
12th Nov 2004, 07:43
if your desire is to pay your way there is the option of doing a majority off your JAA flying in NZ, contact Tim Holland at Bayflight in NZ, ex UK, has a system and examiner.
www.bayflight.co.nz contact details there.
awsome flying with scenery and diversity.