PDA

View Full Version : Flying future following stroke?

Blue Sky Baron
27th Oct 2004, 01:00
:(

Are there any DAME's out there, or pilots with actual experience, who can help with information about the future chances of continuing to fly following a minor stroke.

Only really concerned with private flying, commercial operations most likely not an option.

Any advice, words of wisdom or personal experiences most welcome.

Thanks,

BSB :ouch:

Howard Hughes
27th Oct 2004, 03:12
Gidday Blue Sky Baron,

I dont have any experience and I am not a DAME, but you can always fly ultralights, no medical required unless you want to carry pax.

Reckon that's where I'll be when they take away my medical!!

Hope your back in the sky soon.
Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Capt Claret
27th Oct 2004, 05:04
BSB

I understand one needs a clean bill of health for 12 months before being reconsidered for a medical.

Desert Flower
28th Oct 2004, 01:54
Two old ladies were sitting on a park bench & a flasher came up to them. One old lady had a stroke, the second one couldn't quite reach! :D :{

DF.

farqueue
28th Oct 2004, 17:32
I had an aneurism let go in Aug 01. There is now a 10 day hole :( in my life. Oh well, how interesting is an ICU anyway.

Initialy I had a Cl 2, valid for 1 yr, CASA renewal only. I had to provide neuro reports etc for the renewal. That went sort of OK, and I now have a 2 year Cl 2, but still CASA renewal only. Not sure if that is due to the stroke or the VPBs that turned up from nowhere...

I have been told that it is the heart that will stop a class 1, not the stroke.

Note, that this depends on how you have coped with the stroke, and if it was a hemorage or a thrombus or TIA.

compressor stall
29th Oct 2004, 05:18
BSB,

sorry to hear. Good luck with getting the medical back.

Apparently things are easier if your ARN is an even number. :hmm:

OpsNormal
1st Nov 2004, 08:20
BSB, very long time no speak, at least not under this nick... ;)

I have a very good friend of mine (the best man at my wedding last year), who suffered a stroke not 3 months ago. He is now flying again (class 2 medical).

Aparently it is more to do with how you word the event to the dame. In his case he was able to refer it back to a chiropractor manipulation a day or so prior to it happening. Something along the lines of 'stress induced injury'.

Will prod him for more details and PM you if I can add anything to this.

OpsN

;)

the wizard of auz
1st Nov 2004, 11:12
Hey Bloke, check ya PMs.