PDA

View Full Version : Schools in Florida????

MLamont
26th Oct 2004, 16:35
Hi, Im a PPL persuing a CPL... frustrated by the weather and would like to hear from anyone with experience of flying in florida. Sorry to ask amature questions but everyone has to start somewhere! Any suggestions on where to finish my PPL (I have 30hrs now so not much more) and where I could start my IMC & Night course. Looking for names of schools and NOT Ormand Beach I here!

Cheers,

M

EnglishmaninNY
26th Oct 2004, 16:43
Hi M

And welcome to PPRUNE if you're new here. there is a ton of info on here with respect to schools in Florida, just do a search. I have done most of my flying in the NE USA, but I have a number of friends who've flown at a school called Naples, and were very complimentary of the school. Best of luck with whomever you choose :ok:

EiNY

pipergirl
28th Oct 2004, 07:10
i think u'd be better asking this question in the professional studies section.....and even before doing that, have a gander through the archive as this has been asked one million and 17 times...

I've heard loads of things about different schools, good and bad...i'm heading out there 2do a bit of hour building next week and while i'm there i'm going to pop in2 a few schools to help me make up my mind...

maybe u should do the same?
finish off ur ppl, then head over for aa little hour building junket and pay a visit 2 some schools

good luck with ur studies/flying :ok:

Keygrip
28th Oct 2004, 10:08
pipergirl - a suggestion.

Just go into the school(s) looking like a holidaymaker with a PPL - one that wants to rent an aircraft just for the odd hour. Something of a nuisance to many schools.

See what sort of service you get - and what the extra charges are like.

If you go in there stating that you want to do a full CPL course and spend lots of money - they'll fall over you and promise the world (until you have paid up front).

MLamont
28th Oct 2004, 23:01
Thanks for the advice guys... and sorry about the obvious question I see it has been asked a million times!! Ive now booked Naples, sounds like a good one and Im just taking it slow by only booking to finish off do my night rating. I'll take your advice and keep an open mind on who to book the rest with.

On a different note... what a cracking site. Ive only been flying 8 months but wish Id found this site earlier!

Cheers guys and I promise I'll save my posts for more meaningful questions in future!