PDA

View Full Version : Float flyig job

benoitfor
24th Oct 2004, 15:00
Hi

I just got my commercial liscence some time ago with 50h floatplane and multi rating, I am mostly interested in bush flying, but as you probably know it's very difficult to get started in the industry, so if anyone have a hint about a company or anything else, it would be greately appreciate.

Thanks

bound_for_dubai
24th Oct 2004, 18:24
Tons of Float companies in Ontario, at least 30. Problem is many of these companies require some time, more experience, the better chances. 200 hours on floats is a good number. Don't have it, you might have to work on the dock loading and unloading baggage for a year. Reason is they want to know you're trust worthy and most companies won't hire a rookie to fly their only plane (in some cases).

Let me know what area you are looking for and I'll try to get you some contacts.

Good Luck!

Regards,

BFD

oldebloke
24th Oct 2004, 18:45
Get together with a couple of friends,in the same boat,BUY a float equiped aircraft..Fly off your 200+hrs(friends do the same)SELL the aircraft(600hrs older),check the apreciation on the Aircraft(in the spring)..See how much your out o'pocket..
Otherwise it's to the dock for awhile:ok: