PDA

View Full Version : Cargolux

ADIRS
24th Oct 2004, 13:25
Hi folks,

has anyone some new information about the Cargolux IBF-test in Saarlouis and the interview?

Thanks a lot in advance!

failsafe
29th Oct 2004, 15:07
Hi ADIRS

did you get an invitation of Cargolux?? I thought the test is in Ireland now.
I am also interested in getting informations about the selection process. I just sent my CV to LUX.

Greetings fs

ADIRS
30th Oct 2004, 20:26
Hi fs,

actually they still send suitable applicants to Saarlouis, I guess Ireland is only via PARC.
I'm still waiting for an invitation but I just wanna be prepared (just in case of...)
Did you already get a reply?

greetings

failsafe
31st Oct 2004, 10:55
Hi ADIRS

I am still waiting, too, but I just sent the CV last week, so I think it takes time. I have no informations about the screening process so I am still seeking for all informations I can get. Do you have something about that?

Greetings fs

Dan Winterland
31st Oct 2004, 11:44
The Saarlouis thing is a screening of suitable candidates by an independant company for Cargolux. I did it in 2002. Cargolux pay for the hotel, but not transport.

The screening takes a day and consists of a medical, aptitude and psycometric tests followed by an interview with a shrink. The medical is standard, except none of the nurses spoke english so I had to rely on my poor German. The aptitude tests were again standard - I had most of them all before including some which the RAF had binned as being useless. I know - as I was involved in the descision to stop using them! The psycometric tests were poorly translated into English from German and were written for young people who were applying for ab-initio training so some of the questions were not applicable to those who were already pilots. But you still have to answer them! The interview was about 20 minutes long and more like a job interview, but I'm sure the shrink got enough background info for his report.

Not very impressive IMHO - and I don't think Cargolux are being served properly by IBF.

PS. I didn't pass and don't know why. However, I was offered a job with Cargolux through PARC so the failure didn't matter. I didn't accept the contract when I saw a Cargolux roster!

ADIRS
31st Oct 2004, 12:04
@failsafe
Yes, I think it takes some time. According to my information they're not hiring right now, so most probably they'll send you a confirmation that your application is being accepted and you might be called by the IBF. You get some (poor) infos on the IBF homepage.

@Dan
Thanks a lot for all your information. I heared about the PARC contract and totally understand you.
Do you have any idea where I can get some stuff to prepare especially for those aptitude and psycometric tests or can you compare it with other tests??

Brgds