PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Commmand Time???

flyboy007
24th Oct 2004, 10:32
Hey all.
Just wondering if anyone knows the reqs for captaincy time when going for ATPLs?
The way I read it, 250 hours are need PIC, of which 150 may be time as first officer under supervision, therefore meaning 100 hours PIC are needed. Is there any way around this? Or can I sit the exams etc and get a frozen ATPL until I have the requisite hours? And can Sim time be counted??
Any pointers welcome.

Cheers, happy landings..

FB

redbar1
26th Oct 2004, 15:39
Flyboy,

You got the hours right. But you may sit the ATPL theory exams 'anytime'. As long as you keep your CPL/IR current, your exams 'stay valid'. :D

If you let your IR lapse, you theory exams still have 7 years validity for the issue of an ATPL.

All details re ATPL hours: See JAR-FCL 1, Section 1, Subpart G
All details re ATPL exam: See JAR-FCL 1, Section 1, Subpart J
All details re JARs : See this link (http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jarsec1.html)

Cheers,
Redbar1

Northern Highflyer
27th Oct 2004, 09:49
If by "requisite hours" you mean the 100 PIC then you will already have these as you need them for CPL issue. The other 150 may be done as P1, or P2 in a multi crew aircraft. However you should bear in mind that you will need a certain amount of multi crew time logged to get a full ATPL.

ecj
27th Oct 2004, 10:15
500 hours + on multi-pilot aeroplane is required for ATPL issue.

Certain types under 5.7MT which only require one pilot [aircraft certification], but need two pilots when engaged in public transport operations will, subject to CAA approval, count as MP time for the purpose of licence issue.