PDA

View Full Version : Flight School Review - it's subjective, not objective

VORTIME
22nd Oct 2004, 22:39
Hey there,

I was just reading the elongated review of NAC - by those who feel it's god's gift to the world and those you felt it's hell's reincarnation.

Personally, I've been there - liked it. Excellent instructors on both occcasions, disappointing maintainence, good and welcoming admin staff (Bea is cool...) - my opinion. Regardless....

Does anyone here ever get the impression that those who are "more challenged" AND have the common trait of either - inability or excessive ability to articulate themselves serve to be highly critical of flight training organisations. First time I was in NAC, I shared an apartment is someone of a limited academic background. He failed to solo and moaned about the school every evening - wasn't absorbing anything I explained either. He blamed the instructor, Nikki, etc.

The second time I was there, I stayed with a qualified professional. Nice guy but apparently not too proficient in "pilotage". I don't want to mention specifics incase I hurt that person. Needless to say, I won't have let this person next or near my plane - yet, he moaned about the school every evening. He blamed the instructor, Nikki, etc.

I went to a local flight school in Dublin (by god, was it awful) and yet nobody dared complain to avoid an ear-full from a rather arrogant owner. The abnormity of the web allows people to express themselves (like I'm doing now - albeit to a limited degree) as they won't ordinarily but one must be subjective to this.

We'll rarely know what it the truth is so ab-initio students should, at least in my opinion compare schools based on the percentage of positive vs. negative feedback and not erratic individual posts.

VT