PDA

View Full Version : looking for accommondation

propje
22nd Oct 2004, 22:06
I will start the first week in Nov with an operator in Darwin and I'm looking for accommondation.

Bagot_Community_Locator
22nd Oct 2004, 22:43
I suggest you try the Bagot Community.

It is a small friendly close knit community of people and just the right place for itinerants (people like you).

It is situated right in the middle of suburbia Darwin and close to everything. It is just down the road from the airport and so very convenient for any pilot.

It is actually on the main road between the city and the Northern suburbs/Casuarina shopping complex. It has its own bus stop with good transport links to all over Darwin.

I believe it even has its own take away food store with. There are maybe also a few pay phones on site/on the main road so you can ring up for jobs.

For those athletes, the complex even includes tennis/basketball courts with night lighting.

The local women their are also very friendly so you'll never be lonely.

This would be the perfect introduction to the Territory.

Accomodation is fairly cheap, as you can shack up with the locals for maybe a carton or beer otherwise you can just camp out anywhere in the open.

They have built a large fence around the complex to stop you wandering out on the main road and getting run over after you've had a few drinks too many.

It even has a locator beacon named after it, so you'll be reminded of the good old Bagot Community everytime you fly.

I suggest you give the Bagot Community a try.

newbe200
23rd Oct 2004, 21:46
classic stuff!:ok:

you forgot to mention that you dont need a bar-b because there is always a lounge suite or mattress burning within the complex

V1650
24th Oct 2004, 07:10
G day BLC, well not a real useful reply to a genuine question, propjet requires help not hassle.:ok:

propje
24th Oct 2004, 09:28
Thanks BCL for your reply although I wonder why you assume that I'm a pilot........

Bagot_Community_Locator
24th Oct 2004, 20:22
You ask :

I wonder why you assume that I'm a pilot........

I always thought PPRuNe stood for "Professional Pilots Rumour Network", meaning this is a pilots forum isn't it ? :confused:

Or maybe the P is for "plumber" ? :confused:
"Profesional Plumbers Rumour Network" :confused:

I must have been in the wrong forum all these past years. :{

Woomera
24th Oct 2004, 22:52
Over the last seven years as PPRuNe has grown we have watched with interest as new forums were added to cater for the diverse number of groups who have an interest in professional aviation. We have added forums for private pilots who want to be able to learn from the safety culture (or lack of it) in the airlines. Don't forget that many of us airline pilots started off as Private Pilots. The Pax & SLF (Passengers & Self Loading Freight) forum was added to cater for the large number of end users who benefit from our skills whenever they fly.

PPRuNe was originally set up to cater for airline pilots. Our jobs prevented us from having the normal 9 to 5 office lifestyle which is largely the norm for most people, so we do not get to hear the usual type of gossip and it was only when downroute in a night-stop hotel that we got to meet up with other crew and the rumours could circulate. As more and more people who are involved in our industry become interested in our 'network' we accommodate them with their own forums and now they are the core of the website.

Bagot_Community_Locator
25th Oct 2004, 01:56
Ok, sorry if I offended anyone. I made a wrong assumption and I hereby edit my original post.

Original sentence :

It is just down the road from the airport and so very convenient for any pilot.

To be replaced with any one of the following (you choose):

(A) It is just down the road from the Winnellie (a large industrial area) and so very convenient for any plumber (or tradesperson).

or

(B) It is just down the road from the airport and so very convenient for anyone who works there.

or

(C) It is situated in the middle of Darwin and so very convenient for anyone who works anywhere in Darwin.

St Elmos Fire
25th Oct 2004, 02:50
If it is so damn concenient for anyone who works anywhere, Why is it that so many people living there have no :mad: jobs to go to.

G.A. Boy
25th Oct 2004, 06:23
B.C.L. is speaking from experience! :cool: