PDA

View Full Version : WW2 P11 compasses, Gosport tubes etc.

Hairyplane
22nd Oct 2004, 15:13
Hi all,

I have 2 P11 compasses fitted to my Miles Magister both of which have seen better days.

My guess is that many of you non-aviators out there have such things as curios.

I would therefore be pleased to acquire 2 of these (fairly common) instruments and would either pay good money or offer a good ride in the aircraft.

They need to be fully filled with fluid and with visible ( luminous once!) markings.

Somebody may well have some overhauled or unissued items.

Lets get them back in the air where they belong?!

Whilst on the subject, a couple of the old glass tube pitch angle guages and a Gosport tube installation/ helmets would be a tremendous acquisition for it also.

Still looking for Lockheed Airdraulic undercarriage damper parts too....

Any help with these items or any leads will be gratefully appreciated.

All the best

HP

Miles Magister
23rd Oct 2004, 19:12
HP,

I might know of a couple of sources. I will let you know through Airbedane.

MM

Phil Earthey
25th Oct 2004, 12:41
We can help with new compasses. They're not cheap, but they are new and ready to fit. Correctors also.

Can possibly help with the other parts too. Drop me a message.

Thanks,

Phil

Ex Oggie
25th Oct 2004, 20:30
HP

You can get brand new compasses direct from the manufacturers if you need accuracy, but I guess you won't be too bothered navigating with them. They do look gorgeous though! If you pick up some old stock that need overhaul, dont get the luminous version. You need radioactive material certificates up the ying-yang to open them and deal with the radium paint. I seem to recall Guy Black has the contacts for this. Didn't Tim Moore have a stash of P.11's in overhauled condition?

You can get virtually all the Gosport systems in new or near new condition for a reasonable price, don't settle for anything too ropey.

Drop me an e-mail or give me a bell if you need anymore info.

ATB
ExO