PDA

View Full Version : How many of us are Aircrew?

Angle of Attack
22nd Oct 2004, 12:24
G'day everyone, Im sorry if I am repeating or whatever but tonight reading the posts, I just wonder, how many of us are actually professional aircrew? There are so many people out to wind us up that I just hope us professionals out here dont reply to it. I have just realised in the last few years pprune ddg has really increased in the amount of useless info posts that are spewed out. I became a member of pprune to read about the issues affecting us, not the rubbish spewed out by majority of posters that ambush posts these days. i hope we can maintain the sense of reality and ignore wind ups and keep pprune what us aviators really want to know about.........i still beleive in you pprune!

Engineer
22nd Oct 2004, 13:03
Is this another wind up :{

SeldomFixit
22nd Oct 2004, 13:10
Now AOA, I'd like you to be sitting down for this as I can tell it's not going to be easy on you but...........
Very few industries have as many teams within teams as aviation ( note I said teams twice ) all of which in combination are not a life support system for you and you only.
Strangely enough, this would seem to be a view shared by the site owner given the diversity of both the fora and the industry professionals who patronise it ( you REALLY need to be sitting down for that one given that you're now possibly wondering if there are people aside from aircrew capable of holding the title of industry professional ).
If it causes you so much grief to share the boards you may be happier finding a mate ( good luck btw ) who wants to polish your bars for you while you look down your nose at the rest of the industry. I won't call you a prat.............yet.

commander adama
22nd Oct 2004, 21:00
There are many aircrew on this website but certainly there are many non - aircrew and indeed totally non - aviation employed individuals. You just have to read the crap posted here to realise that. Many make comment and deductions in areas such as AIRLINE CONDITIONS with absolutely no idea of what they are talking about or make up rubbish.

Taildragger
22nd Oct 2004, 22:31
Seldomfixit ....... I wihs I cood poot words togithir like you.
Six munce ago, I cudn't spel Pilit, now I are one.

The Voice
22nd Oct 2004, 22:44
AofA there are even a few of us who were/are aircrew who didn't/don't chuck biccies or tip coffee over pax either.

My aviation background is pretty diverse. Just because these days my feet don't leave the ground in a tin can to earn my wage, doesn't mean I'm any less interested in aviation or pprune.

As much as it galls you, those people who are not 'aircrew' still have opinions and questions, and not all of them are out to wind you up.

A very long time ago Lord Fyne recognised the deep interest in things with wings from non aviate types.

Perhaps you may to.

topend3
23rd Oct 2004, 01:22
the voice! fully agree with you mate, my flying is a hobby but am lucky to still be employed in the industry, it's not just a website for airline pilot's is it? other people have meaningful stuff to contribute as well. sure there are wind-ups but i think everyone has the right to have input into whatever is posted...

MOR
23rd Oct 2004, 05:04
Oh, I think not, old chap.

I mean, I am a professional pilot, why should I have to put up with all the dross on these forums? Wannabes, can't-bes, dreamers, even - gawd - SLF. None of them have any right being here.

In fact, I think it would be far better to limit these fora to captains only, and I mean real captains, not the C172 sort. First officers aren't really pilots, just apprentices with white shirts and a tie.

In fact, thinking on a bit, it should really only be training captains, because they are the only ones with the sort of judgement one needs to traverse these fora safely.

Of course some training captains are a bit low on personality index, so perhaps the safest ploy would be to keep it to Chief Pilots. Yes, that's it, the perfect way to guarantee quality and intelligent debate.

Well, most Chief Pilots. I mean, Chief Pilots of regional carriers are not really up there, are they? No, I think the sensible thing would be to make it Chief Pilots of major international carriers only.

And no ex-military - EVER.

Now THAT should make it easier to keep up with the posts...

;)

Ibex
23rd Oct 2004, 06:13
Ha, good work I like your style MOR. :ok:

Fris B. Fairing
23rd Oct 2004, 07:33
I can see what AoA is getting at. It is after all the Professional Pilots Rumour Network, but is it BY pilots or ABOUT pilots?

You don't have to fly them to love them.

Cheers

Howard Hughes
23rd Oct 2004, 07:38
Of course it is possible to be a Professional and a Pilot and still not be a Professional Pilot!!

Cheers. HH.

:ok:

Jenna Talia
23rd Oct 2004, 14:03
For gawd's sake, all A O A did was suggest that comments be kept in a professional tone, stop the ambushing and stop bleating rubbish.

:rolleyes:

Cornholio
23rd Oct 2004, 20:00
pilots only. the rest can stand on their step-ladders behind the fence and watch like :8 nerds.

Towering Q
24th Oct 2004, 06:30
A o A...could you please clarify the term"professionals".

Is it airline only? Including regionals? Any RPT? Maybe multi-crew only?

Is it any pilot employed fulltime? What about fulltime casuals starting out in GA? What about GA?

Maybe it's only ATPL holders. What about 'frozen' ATPL's?

Could it be Turbine Drivers only? Would that include single Turbine like the 208?

Does it come down to hours in the log book? Only those over 1000 maybe?

:confused:

Cornholio
24th Oct 2004, 07:14
"proffesional" hahaha... most aussie pilots can't even spell it. or is it pilots in general???

Anyway for the simple-minded you are a professional pilot if someone pays you to fly... and "give a **** and stuff. Unbelievable."

comprende?

tobzalp
24th Oct 2004, 07:34
I am not a pilot, my watch is to small and my peepee too big.http://forums.team-ava.com/images/smiles/jumping.gif

Angle of Attack
24th Oct 2004, 09:44
Well, I didnt mean to sound elitist to anyone, but I could see how my post could be mis interpreted. I meant professional in the way posts are written and how topics are replied to ( hijacking of threads being the main issue), nothing about limiting the forums to pilots, sorry but with a few amber ales the wording wasnt the best, I agree. You could have zero or 20,000 hours or not even related to the industry I dont have any objection to postings as long as the postings are professional. Hope that makes it clearer!

Towering Q
24th Oct 2004, 14:14
I dont have any objection to postings as long as the postings are professional

Look no further than Cornholio.:yuk:

Pharknose
24th Oct 2004, 19:50
Oh please guys have a scroll to the top of the page and you will see PPRune in the top left and in the middle (looks a bit like the header) you will find Professional Pilots rumour Network! It tends to hint as to who this web is aimed at?

ace4bar's girlfriend
25th Oct 2004, 03:47
TURBINE DRIVERS.........I love TURBINE DRIVERS:D :D :D

My EX (Mr ace4bars) promised he was going to get into turbines.

He said he had 714.something hours total time and would be snapped up by the airlines before the end of the year.

bogdantheturnipboy
25th Oct 2004, 12:02
I quite like the bleating, rubbish and ambushing myself.

Not keen on those professional ones with carrots up their ars**

planemad2
26th Oct 2004, 01:42
It says Professional Pilots Rumour Network.

So it is ONLY a rumour that it is for Professional Pilots. ;)

Surely you do NOT believe rumours. :rolleyes:

(This post has been checked and cleared by a Professional).

Howard Hughes
26th Oct 2004, 01:51
I heard a rumour that there were professional pilots here.

But apparently not......;)

Cheers, HH.

(This post has been checked and cleared by a Rumour Monger).

planemad2
26th Oct 2004, 01:58
There may well be some here.

However, because it is a rumour network, you cannot be sure. ;)

Don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you see.

(This post has been checked and cleared by a Professional).

Towering Q
26th Oct 2004, 07:05
Ace4bars girlfriend...he actually has 714.3 hours, not just 714hrs and he is now up to stage 6.5 with the Rat where he has to name all of King Henry the 8ths wives whilst standing on one leg, balancing a cube on his head. A cube that he had to construct in 20 seconds with his hands tied behind his back.

Howard Hughes
26th Oct 2004, 08:09
Sadly Tobzalp,

my Pee pee is small,
my watch BIG,
my sunglasses mirrored (and I wear them inside),
my shoes shiny,
my hair parted (still in the same style I had in the 80's),
my moustache neatly trimmed (oh $hit I look like Steve Vizard in fast forward),
my flightbag suitably worn and covered in stickers,
enough gold braid to cover my broad shoulders,

Have I missed anything?

Now where did I park my 74?

Oh I remember, just next to my wright flyer on flightsim 2004......

Cheers, HH.

Northern Chique
26th Oct 2004, 14:14
All is fair in posting rumours..... hijackers should be prepared to be hijacked, edited or dismissed with all the lack of fanfare deserved. The alternative is go stir up some fun in JetBlast. :D:}

Biatch
31st Oct 2004, 04:37
re SeldomFixit
Now AOA, I'd like you to be sitting down for this as I can tell it's not going to be easy on you but...........
Very few industries have as many teams within teams as aviation ( note I said teams twice ) all of which in combination are not a life support system for you and you only.
Strangely enough, this would seem to be a view shared by the site owner given the diversity of both the fora and the industry professionals who patronise it ( you REALLY need to be sitting down for that one given that you're now possibly wondering if there are people aside from aircrew capable of holding the title of industry professional ).
If it causes you so much grief to share the boards you may be happier finding a mate ( good luck btw ) who wants to polish your bars for you while you look down your nose at the rest of the industry. I won't call you a prat.............yet.

No wonder people here are scared to post....

bushy
31st Oct 2004, 08:44
There are all sorts of people using this forum. Many are pilots who fly for a living. Most of Australias paid (I wil not use the word "professional", because on this foru,m that word seems to indicate arrogance) pilots do not fly for RPT companies, but there is a small group who do , and appear to think they own the sky. They call themselves "professionals"
We have some very good airline pilots, but let's get rid of the arrogance that we see too often on this forum. The most important flying in Australia is done by the RFDS, and air ambulance services. And they get paid about half as much as the scheduled airline pilots. Our system is upside down.

The white shoe brigade appear to be represented here very strongly, and are trying to get our older aeroplanes regulated out of business, so they can sell more modern, innappropraite costly aeroplanes that will not sell now. If this happens the people of the outnback will be deprived of essential air services.

Our government aviation organisations seem to have people posting here. (unoficially?) I think they are helping the white shoe brigade.

Who are the moderators?

Howard Hughes
1st Nov 2004, 06:13
We have some very good airline pilots, but let's get rid of the arrogance that we see too often on this forum. The most important flying in Australia is done by the RFDS, and air ambulance services. And they get paid about half as much as the scheduled airline pilots. Our system is upside down.

Bushy,

At the risk of sounding arrogant, I object to this on two levels, one being while I generally agree with your statement, some of the work done by RFDS especially where I live, is non essential and could just as easily be done by road or by one of the many private companies on a user pays basis.

Secondly, I am employed by a regional airline and do earn less than an RFDS pilot even if only marginally, however my work is neither more/nor less important than theirs. I quite often carry medical staff for our local hospital, along with police, fire and other emergency services.

Cheers, HH.