PDA

View Full Version : Whats News On the Melbourne GA Front

LUVJET
21st Oct 2004, 17:38
Hey All,

cant help but think all those NT based boys and girls always hog pprune with whats doin there.

Whats going on in the Melbourne GA scene ??

are GFS & NAT still going strong ??? what about Royal Vic , Pearsons,Civil ,Wings & interair. sounds to me melbourne is a reasonable place to work in GA ...does not seem to have pay or condition disputes even though there seems to be less flying in melbourne.........or is there ??

I was in essendon(ymen) today it seemed far from the ghost town people make it out to be and having chinwagged with a few GA boys and girls everyone seems happy.

Whats the goss ??

Rich-Fine-Green
21st Oct 2004, 20:16
I understand the next big thing in Melbourne GA is Tooradin Airport.

Tooradin could be set to be a big centre for aviation.

The airport owner now has 2 x Cirrus SR20s and 1 x SR22 working. An R44, Cessna Caravan, 2 x Airvans and others. The oil rig choppers are now based there as well.

No towers, No huge landing fees etc. I understand the airfield owner is about to pay for a GPS/NPA approach as well.

Good to see someone has some confidence.

Maybe a message there for operators in EN, MB, BK & others.

Find a greenfields site and set up afresh.

haughtney1
21st Oct 2004, 21:20
Ive been emailing a company who are based there about a Caravan jobs......seems like things are bubbling..

:ok:

LUVJET
22nd Oct 2004, 09:18
RFG

Tooradin is still a squillion miles away from anything....... so they may do ok for the sth gippsalnd folk whom wish to committ aviation.......but me thinks it wont go much further.

the bloke who bought it and is investing heavily in avaition is of course not from aviation as he has an income source (a big one at that) from elsewhere........any clever businessman will place a time limit as to how long somrthing can continue b4 it MUST turn a profit.

this is the basic rule of business.....doesnt matter how much you luv avaition.

all that needs to happen is for what ever line of work he is in to slow down and shazzam..........what must be compromised first...........one guess........its with a big fat "T".

my hat off to the bloke .....better men have tried.........

I hope it works.

my original question was about the melbourne avaition folk are doin.....

i here some are expanding in to the NT. first alice and soon darwin. also seems like others have taken a reactive appraoch and are teamed up with a leprachaun.......

exciting times for some.........and lay low times for others. im going for a beer now.....i ve just dropped off my car keys to the missus.

what has drinking beer go to do with aviation and leaving the keys with the missus ?????? well me thinks one who is not in control of ones self could not be possibly in control of ones livilihood........ but hey, who cares what i think......

what has this to do with avaition.......god dam everything......

he who can not control one self surely can not control anything else.

that will teach one for f*****ing so many around for so long.

classic case......what goes around comes around. its ALWAYS a matter of time.

astalavista ........

Sunfish
22nd Oct 2004, 21:42
Rumor has it that the real estate folks selling houses and land around Point Cook are telling prospective buyers that "The airport will close in a few years".

I hope not.

LUVJET
23rd Oct 2004, 09:32
Sunfish

This rumour has been around for some time. i understand there is plenty of lobbying for its closure, particularly by one particular party whom apparantly owns lots of the land around point cook.

those buying land around the airport are obviously doing so knowing their is an operational airport there. if they had any problem with this i dont think they would paying what they are paying for the dirt if they were not ok with the whole thing.

i dont think they are buying in the HOPE it may close....that would not make sense.

they are ok with it but the agents (used car sales people in nicer suits) use this strategy to run with the "your land will be worth a fortune when the airport closes".

I hope the airport stays as part of VIC infrustructure but anything is possible..............

Obiwan
23rd Oct 2004, 13:19
Old news - this is from an email I got in March

I wouldn't want to wait 49 years for my land to go up in value ;)

If you meet a real estate agent spruking these lies, punch him in the face for me? :ok:

POINT COOK TRUST TO BE ESTABLISHED

Point Cook will be retained in public ownership with the airfield and majority of the land being leased for 49 years to a not-for-profit National Aviation Museum Trust, the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Defence, Fran Bailey announced today.

"Point Cook will have a strong future providing training for aviation students, supporting recreational aviation and tourism. The Trust will also oversee the development of a National Aviation Museum concept in cooperation with the existing RAAF Museum."

frangatang
24th Oct 2004, 14:47
Anyone know what happened to phil myers,ex civil sales pilot from the 80's? Been known to enjoy a jar or two in the vic aeroclub.

flyforfun
26th Oct 2004, 13:14
Frang
Phil retired from Southern and now has a map shop in Southport on the Gold Coast, still enjoys the "odd" ale or two

frangatang
27th Oct 2004, 19:24
Thanks for the news on phil.If you ever bump into him,give my regards from the raptis pilot.Still liking the hot curries but gave up the home brewing!