PDA

View Full Version : Contents of AMARC (Bone Yard)

LOST-O2
20th Oct 2004, 13:54
Does anyone have any upto date info on the inventory in store here these days ?

I was looking at some pics the other day from the 'mid-nineties' showing several Cessna 0-2's and even a AEW Connie parked up.

Can these things still be there or have they been sold / scrapped ?
:confused:

phoenix son
20th Oct 2004, 14:25
Try this, cracking site...

http://www.amarcexperience.com/Default.asp

Inventory is not up-to-date since it was pulled by the US Government, but the info on the site tends to be pretty good,

PHX

LOST-O2
20th Oct 2004, 16:50
Anyone know why they keep such a large amount of vintage aircraft there.
I mean T28's and T33's ??

Is it incase the US decides to prop us some civil war in an oil rich war torn African state and doesn't want to worry about defeating the hardware given inscase things turn around on them ??

Oshkosh George
20th Oct 2004, 17:47
You seem to have a very low opinion of the Americans!

Don't think this behaviour would necessarily be an American trait,but of politicians of almost ANY nationality!

nitefiter
24th Oct 2004, 12:06
I flew over it in late 92 whilst doing some training out of San Diego, on route Tucson - Bisbee,it was before overflights were resricted,and was an amazing sight,I have some great photos of it,taken from a PA28.Saddest sight was the rows of B52,s waiting to be chopped,and also from memory there was alot of commercial (new) stuff parked up there.

phoenix son
26th Oct 2004, 07:52
nitefiter,

Did a similar thing in 1994, again some great shots, and I did see an area full of civilian aircraft although I seem to remember these were all 707 airframes either for conversion to E-8 J-STARS configuration or being stripped for spares. There was a remote area full of MiG 15's and 17's that made me look twice though!

PHX