PDA

View Full Version : Airport Flight Crew Security Passes

connection fee
20th Oct 2004, 13:37
In Australia which agency issues ramp passes for pilots. Is it each separate airport and once you have one you have access to all? What about if you have been over seas for several years, is there a delay in issuing passes? Is there any handy links?

CF

HEALY
21st Oct 2004, 07:21
CF

The name of the agency escapes me but every International Airport in the country has a security headquaters where the required form can be collected.

The form itself, from memory has a section for you and also the company you are working for the fill out. You can either get a pass for just that airport ie Perth or you can get a Australia pass, no extra fee. This helps alot at regional airports to speed things up.

I had a standard wait of up to 12 weeks because it was initial issue and some of the departments were very slow (backlogged in processing). Eventually makes it back to home base where you go and watch a video about terrorist hazards and get your card.

If you have been flying OS not sure if it speeds things up.

Icarus2001
21st Oct 2004, 08:58
Call me suspicious...... :rolleyes: but connection fee if you needed an ASIC card your employer would arrange one for you as part of induction.

If you do not need one why are you so interested in how the system works?