PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Unveils New Paint Scheme

eddb
19th Oct 2004, 21:02
Air Canada unveiled new paint scheme yesterday. Click on the link below to view.

http://northamericanflyer.netfirms.com/Airliners/nfpicturepro/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=25

spagiola
19th Oct 2004, 22:48
I didn't think it was possible to make things worse than the previous scheme, but they appear to have succeeded...

74tweaker
19th Oct 2004, 23:18
They were better off before they came out of bankruptcy - they cannot even afford green paint now.:{

Rollingthunder
20th Oct 2004, 03:16
Well it's a matter of one decal off and another on.

Always thought the green was far too dark - looked black in most circumstances.

eal401
20th Oct 2004, 07:51
That's really, um, inventive. :(

rotornut
20th Oct 2004, 09:20
AC staged a big party for its employees a couple of days ago. Besides showing off their new paint scheme, they had Celine Dion dressed up as a flight attendant singing their praises and Robert Milton saying how good the new AC is etc. Maybe they could have spent all that money in trying to run a decent airline:ugh:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1098216330241_93625530/?hub=TopStories

Eurekadelta
20th Oct 2004, 09:27
You guys are so cynical!

Of course it is a great idea - what better way of successfully emerging out of bankruptcy, cutting costs in order to become profitable again than blowing several million on yet another new coloursheme!

:yuk:

Avman
20th Oct 2004, 09:36
Indeed! Most airline consultants/managers must have graduated from the same Academy of Aviation Imbeciles.

"Now class, how do we turn a loss making airline into a profitable one?"

"Paint the fleet in a new livery Sir".

"Good man. You're ready to go out and embrace the real world of airline management!"

:rolleyes: ;)

rotornut
20th Oct 2004, 09:47
And how much do you think their little party cost? $$$

Willie Everlearn
20th Oct 2004, 10:32
Good for Air Canada.
:ok:

It sounds as if 'the unions' are already poo pooing the re-packaging of their company and the strong presence Celine brings to their advertising effort.

According to their whinings, they gave up too much to save the airline and now they feel cheated. Really?

What financial limit do these unions think should be placed on a company like Air Canada whose efforts to survive in the comical market that is the Canadian Airline Industry alongside 3 LCCs that are erroding their domestic share on a daily basis?

You'd think after all this airline and its employees have been through over the last 10 years (plus) the ingrates would understand what is needed to rejuvinate and revitalize this company. It might even be necessary and worth the effort to entice lost passengers back to the airline.
But, that might cost money. Money that would be better spent on union contracts to repay those who sacraficed, I suppose???
:confused:

Silly me. What was I thinking??? While I understand their collective sensitivities, it sounds to me like the employee group, once again, knows better how the dollars should be spent, and it isn't on advertising and re-packaging!
:(

Really???:bored:

rotornut
20th Oct 2004, 12:04
But Westjet has a terrible colour scheme (at least in my opinion),
doesn't hire Celine Dion, has bad jokes, but it get's you there on time, from my experience, and is very reasonable. How about YYZ to YEG for $85 one way plus taxes.

admiral ackbar
20th Oct 2004, 12:17
My God what a let-down.

The thing looks like a flying breath mint.

AC and Canadian used to have the nicest liveries, stylish and classic.

BRING BACK THE GOOSE! The Canadian 747's with the goose livery were some of the best looking planes in the sky

Mish Nish
20th Oct 2004, 23:04
It was Slinn dressed in the sexy (I use the term loosely) AC outfit as she warbled that appalling drivel that I found most entertaining: way to go, Mr Morton - yet again, it's good to see our tax dollar at work on your behalf!

Willie Everlearn
21st Oct 2004, 10:46
The Canada Goose paint job on the former Canadi<n Airlines aircraft was by far and away better than anything Air Canada has come up with.
:ok:

I love the breath mint reference.:D

DUBXH
24th Oct 2004, 14:36
Always thought the green was far too dark - looked black in most circumstances

You mean that's meant to be green on the tail?? Oops

Gingercat
24th Oct 2004, 15:35
Blimey, a truly revolutionary change! :hmm:

skibeagle
25th Oct 2004, 18:55
Hey Avman, you forgot to mention the overt level of publicity as well, such as sponsoring a big car race in Montreal every June (F1), a Sports stadium in Toronto with a sliding roof (and no major hockey this season), underwriting in part the Vancouver film festival, Celine Dion, new paint scheme etc etc... Does AC really need this expendature on this sort of cr@p ?

WJ, JetsGo and HMY manage without it.

The worst AC example I've heard of of a company struggling to be profitable was the fly past at YVR by the gas guzzling B737-200's of AC's LCC "Zip", not to promote the airline but as a "farewell" formation fly past. Now I know that this would have been a drop in the ocean in the real terms of the companies budget, but I ask you, if management approve of this kind of cash waste, what does it tell you about their fiscal mentality in the broader spectrum ?

Sure glad my pension and future ain't tied up with this shower...