PDA

View Full Version : JAR-ATPL training requirments (what in what country?)

genius747
18th Oct 2004, 17:08
Hi all
I will be doing a modular route to Frozen ATPL soon but I am just a little confused about what part of my training has to be conducted in what country.
I would obviously like to conduct the majority of my training in the USA where it is cheeper, but with regard to:

ATPL theory exams
CPL training
CPL practical exam
ME training
ME exam
MEIR training
MEIR exam
MCC course

where do I legally have to conduct this training and exams to get issued with a JAR-FCL CAA or IAA pilots certificate?

thanks for any advice.

Paul

traumahawk71
18th Oct 2004, 21:02
All the above is great. Just make sure that it is JAA approved. The CAA website gives loads of recommended schools.
I would suggest that you do all your IR in UK as if you train in the US will find it quite daunting when it comes to using the regimented UK radio. (see finals thread as one difference between the calls). It would also help as you'll get more practice on those all important test routes.

As for schools well there are plenty of threads on PPRune and it really is down to preference where you live etc.

One really useful tip is to price up each stage and then add at least 10% more to your budget cos most people will inevitably go over the minimum requirements. Its served me quite well during my modular training