PDA

View Full Version : 7E7 : No news=good news ?

humble_dor
17th Oct 2004, 06:37
There has not been any announcement regarding 7E7 since several weeks. Does this mean that Boeing and some airlines are preparing something big to be announced in the next four weeks ? Or does it mean that 7E7 stalls ?

Notso Fantastic
17th Oct 2004, 12:58
Well apart from the Japanese ordering a lot of Rolls Royce engines for their 7E7s last week, everything appears normal.....ie nothing to comment upon........so why does no news to comment on = something commentworthy? Perhaps you could tell us what you were expecting to hear?

zed3
17th Oct 2004, 15:02
I think he's trying to draw a parallel with Boeing's late Sonic Cruiser , which was announced and after a while things went quiet , then very quiet , before the thing was dropped .

Xeque
17th Oct 2004, 16:39
Its doomed I tell you ... doomed (Dads Army)

eal401
18th Oct 2004, 10:05
I don't think the 7e7 will be dropped. No news does not mean anything.

In fact, there is a couple of stories about the 7e7 in this week's Flight, relating to engines and airlines. Plus a double page advert.

akerosid
18th Oct 2004, 19:14
There's absolutely no question of it being dropped; you can't expect a new order every day. The aircraft will be an ideal replacement for 767s/A300/310 types, with models to cover short(ish) range regional flights, as well as very long haul types.

Boeing is more than likely on to another winner with this and certainly has Airbus on the back foot.

Notso Fantastic
18th Oct 2004, 20:00
Well the Airbus A350 in the Flight International this week looks remarkably like......an A330. I think Boeing have got the winners tape on this one- sexy 'Batmoplane' shape, fantastically innovative systems design, real economical savings, advanced cabin design- in the medium size market it will be a winner.

eal401
19th Oct 2004, 10:15
Well the Airbus A350 in the Flight International this week looks remarkably like......an A330.
You mean in the same way that the first concept of the 7e7 looked like a 767 with funny winglets?

I do think Airbus will need to do something radical to take on the 7e7 though.