PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen JeppView 3/FliteDeck 3

OverheadPanel
17th Oct 2004, 06:11
Just recently traded the ol ASD04 in for the electronic version. I was surprised to find that the Australian Text was excluded despite being told otherwise at time of ordering.

Has anyone else got any info on this? If it will change?

Also

I have tried using my Flitedeck 3 with a Garmin GPS. Unfortunately the Flitedeck software when searching for a GPS uses only COM3. The options to change Com ports - only indicate 4 choices of Com 3.

(i am connecting via Serial/USB converter, and as far as i can tell the GPS will independantly of the flitedeck software communicate with my PC only via a diff com port)

Capt Claret
17th Oct 2004, 06:28
OverheadPanel

With reference to JeppView3, I've been caught much the same. In talking to Jepps in Dandenong it would seem that the guys there were not aware that the Text Pages were not Australian, rather a mish-mash of Pacific Basin.

I've emailed Jeppesen's in Dandenong and advised them that unless a work around can be found I'll return the JepView for a refund and return to the paper based product. Jepps in Dandenong forwarded the email to the States and I'm currently in communication with a chap there about the problem.

I suggest you email [email protected] and bring the problem to his attention. The more complaints, the more likely they'll find a fix.

OverheadPanel
17th Oct 2004, 06:38
I have sent an email off to someone off their website (customer support of some sort, tho not the chap you have mentioned). Still awaiting a reply.

Capt Claret have you tried printing from the text? At the moment I can only print 1 page at a time. When i go to Print, and the resulting printing options (i think from Adobe) come up, i try to select a page range. However I keep getting a message saying I can only select pages within the range (which appears to be from page 1 to page 1).

Agent86
18th Oct 2004, 06:41
CC and Overhead,

Geoff Brown is very aware of this shortfall in the V3 software. He has advised me that the head office are working on providing the Aus text asap but can't offer me a time frame.

Re printing...I think the problem is each page is a file with the master index having hyperlinks to each file. Hence when you go to print all you have open is a one page file. The same applies to the CASA documentation on their CD. This makes it almost impossible to print the entire text. The next option is to find a PDF utility which combines PDF files into a master file. If anyone knows of such a beast please post a link here.

Aside from that the interface is VERY different from Jeppview 2 and takes a bit of getting used to. It appears mainly designed to print a new route pack for each route you fly. It is also a little fiddly to get a printout of the revision letter showing the changes that are on the CD.

On the positive side the internet download of the ammendments is MUCH better than waiting for a week after the ammendment is valid from to receive the CD. ( the price I pay for living in the wild west :rolleyes: )

Anyone else have any comments/ hints on this product??

Overhead...let us know if you get the GPS interface running.

MAx