PDA

View Full Version : Lpl/ezy/man

dwlpl
15th Oct 2004, 22:23
Maybe one for the moderators.

Where has the thread gone that had EZY moving into MAN?

bagpuss lives
15th Oct 2004, 23:35
Only the mods and, importantly, the thread starter, have permission to delete or move threads.

I can't remember who started the thread but perhaps it was they who removed it?

lagerlout
16th Oct 2004, 02:29
Where has veulo gone, it was he who started the rumour.

If Ezy left LPL the airport would shut, I know flybe are coming but thats not gonna compensate for the 2m plus pax that ezy put thru LPL.

Come on tell me more I am intrigued.

Ps anyother LPL rumours.

ManofMan
16th Oct 2004, 10:02
Looks like the thread has been pulled, Maybee the person who pulled it could post a quick one liner explaining why this action had to be taken????.

BOAC
16th Oct 2004, 10:30
Well, cannot speak for PPP, but it weren't me, so why not PM VUELO and ask if it really matters?

Edited to correct spelling mistake

PPRuNe Pop
16th Oct 2004, 10:44
I have already replied to a PM by the starter of THIS thread. I didn't remove it or delete it. But, as BOAC says, PM Vuelo because he is next stop! He has the power! :)

Now! You can get on with the thread.

PPP

Scottie Dog
16th Oct 2004, 11:24
So, easyJet may be moving to EGCC.......

Without restarting the whole thread again, which was titled MAN News, can any one recap where we had got to?

It seems, if memory serves me right, that a rumour has been heard that EZY may move around 4 aircraft to MAN. This rumour appears to have come from 2 sources.

These rumours seem to have been around for some time - did they not do the rounds a number of years ago?

If and that is possibly a BIG IF, MAplc have signed a contract with EZY, then a news release will presumably have to be made soon, as it will must surely involve the construction of some form of additional stands/temporary terminal for LoCo operations.

All of my contacts have denied any idea of the supposed move, and have stated runway/terminal capacity as being the reason for FlyBe not establishing a full base an MAN - rather than using MAN as a spoke from their SOU hub.

Discuss.....................?

ps- ManofMan..check your PMs

sisyphus1965
16th Oct 2004, 11:50
When is construction work planned to commence on stands, taxiways and terminal buildings?

When is runway capacity going to be increased?

I am sure MAN cannot afford to turn business away.

Where does the lack if infrastructure leave projections for 40m pax by 2015?

If the airport is struggling with 21m pax and no substantial infrastructure expansion currently underway surely it is going to prevent passenger expansion over the next two or three years.

PRobe
16th Oct 2004, 16:49
When asked specifically about this rumour Easyjet's PR, Toby Nicol, apparently flatly refuted it.

bagpuss lives
16th Oct 2004, 17:42
How odd that Vuelo should vanish eh ;)

I've had a word with a few people in the know at work, and they all say the rumour is tosh. I suppose we'll have to wait and see if anyone dare come up with something more concrete than Mr VanishingVuelo could come up with :ok:

chiglet
16th Oct 2004, 18:57
Just done a search for "vuelo"....Turns out that it's Spanish for "Fly/Flying"...Iberia is "finishing"......eh caramba!
watp,iktch

This Charming Man
16th Oct 2004, 21:32
Looks to me like Veulo was 'fed' a duffer and he fell for it :=
MAPlc will now know who he is and no doubt staff will be told to watch what they say to him in the future :ok:
I am led to believe that it's a very expensive exercise for EZY to leave LPL . They have tried twice to leave LPL for MAN and each time the payments to Peel Holdings for ending the contracts early were just too much.

JustaFew
16th Oct 2004, 21:40
One reason for the runway capacity problem at MAN
is/was lack of staff........

Any other reasons knocking about???

Scottie Dog
16th Oct 2004, 21:44
I cann't recall how long ago it was that EZY signed their contract with LPL, or how long they have committed themselves for.

Interesting that TCM says that they have tried to move twice, but each time the penalty has been too much. Will the financial incentive to stay at LPL remain the same for the course of their agreement, or will it reduce with time - ie if there is only 2 years left in the contract will it cost as much to get out?

GrahamK
16th Oct 2004, 23:18
Big cheers for the MAN TCX baggage handling crew for the speed that we got our bags from the TCX881L on Friday, cheers! Record time to get out of MAN after landing! Landed about 8:10pm, left terminal building 8:45 :ok:
Cheers to those who got soaked, really appreciate it considering the usual hassle with the bags in MAN

lagerlout
16th Oct 2004, 23:21
WHAT DO YOU RECKON WOULD HAPPEN TO LPL IF THE BIG EZY LEFT.

OR HAS LPL GOT ANYMORE SUPRISES UP IT SLEEVE??????

Mouser
16th Oct 2004, 23:23
Can't be certain but I think it's a twenty year contract, Easyjet have with Liverpool.

lagerlout
16th Oct 2004, 23:33
go, on mouser your a knowledgeable chap. Would it be a case of turn out the lights as you leave if EZY upped sticks!!mouser

ezy733
17th Oct 2004, 07:50
OR HAS LPL GOT ANYMORE SUPRISES UP IT SLEEVE?????? YEP!!! wait and see :E

They have tried twice to leave LPL for MAN and each time the payments to Peel Holdings for ending the contracts early were just too much. ?????The said contract can be terminated by ether side with three months notice. I don't know where these rumors that easy have wanted to Leave Liverpool Have come from:hmm:

Caslance
17th Oct 2004, 13:40
As far as I know, no-one sensible has suggested that EZY are about to leave LPL.

I, too, have heard roughly the same story that Vuelo posted - that EZY are considering dividing the current LPL aircraft allocation between LPL and MAN.

If this is the case then the actual duration of the agreement with Peel Holdings becomes somewhat academic since EZY do not appear to be planning to abandon LPL at all.

It's not healthy for an airport to be over-dependent on a single airline, and it's heartening to see more operators starting to use LPL.

I don't think this heralds the End Of The World for LPL, or even anything remotely like it.

dwlpl
17th Oct 2004, 13:46
If this is the case then the actual duration of the agreement with Peel Holdings becomes somewhat academic since EZY do not appear to be planning to abandon LPL at all. Part of the agreement has minimum numbers of based aircraft at agreed dates though.

cessna l plate
17th Oct 2004, 14:18
So the rumour goes, some waste ground near to the 27 threshold is ear-marked for an Easy maintenence hangar.

All this expansion is good for LPL, but it does draw into question what is going to happen to GA? We already struggle to get circuits, are they going to hoof us all out in the end, a-la-Manchester???????

Golf Charlie Charlie
17th Oct 2004, 15:44
<<
So the rumour goes, some waste ground near to the 27 threshold is ear-marked for an Easy maintenence hangar.

All this expansion is good for LPL, but it does draw into question what is going to happen to GA? We already struggle to get circuits, are they going to hoof us all out in the end, a-la-Manchester???????
>>

Hehe - so where IS the waste ground at the 27 threshold ? The present GA terminal and apron ?

Or the spotters' car park off the airport's land ? Can't much see where else it would be. Near the new tower ?

sisyphus1965
17th Oct 2004, 15:55
I suppose Easy will be concerned about how Jet2 is going to affect the Northwest LCC market. With the slow down in growth at LPL, which could be related to Baby's presence at MAN, there must be a real concerns with what Jet2 could be capable of.
I think that the fact that Easy have never attempted a Prague route from LPL shows that they are nervous about going head to head with LCCs out of MAN. The only route I can think that they have started with direct competition at MAN is Cologne (with honours even), but HLX seem to be any easy target with their minimal marketing.
It will be interesting to see how Easy fares on the Berlin route once Air Berlin ave established themselves at MAN.

gayrugbybloke
17th Oct 2004, 23:03
Anyone know what the new routes from Manchester with EasyJet will be? Surely Rome will be one, there is a decided lack of loco coverage from the North to the Italian capital!

lagerlout
18th Oct 2004, 13:35
Obviously not heard of Ryanair starting one a day to the Italian Capital as of JAN 28th 05!!!!

So go -on give us a few hints of any exciting news that we are likely to hear from LPL airport!????!:)

gayrugbybloke
18th Oct 2004, 14:19
I want to go from Manchester, not Liverpool. You can;t get to Liverpool very easily if you don't have a car. No wonder easyJey want Manchester - let's hope they get it!!

jettesen
18th Oct 2004, 14:36
easy don't want MAN. Where is all this bull**** coming form??????????? Never have , never will.

ManofMan
18th Oct 2004, 15:13
Jettesen,
This rumour was started in another thread by a chap called Vuelo, he stated that Easyjet had already signed with Manchester and would switch all services by summer 2006, however when questioned a bit he Vanished into thin air and deleted the posts so that should give some idea of the guys credability.

GayrugbyBloke,
You state that you dont have a car and want to fly from Manchester, may i suggest you take a quick look on any of the following web-sites.

Ryanair
BMI Baby
HLX express
EU Jet
Air Berlin
Zoom
Jet 2

All these airlines offer/will offer Lo-cost flights from Manchester or connections via Dublin/Manston thus quickly erradicating the need to transit down the M62 to John Lennon International.

The future is bright in my opinion and there aint a splash of Orange in sight.

Mouser
18th Oct 2004, 15:19
C'mon lads lets not turn this into the Liverpool vs Manchester thing, gayrugbybloke if you want to go from Manchester then go from Manchester, jettesen if Easyjet want to move then there's nothing we in Liverpool can do about it, for what it's worth personally I don't think they will move, but then again what do I know.

ManofMan
18th Oct 2004, 15:29
GayRugbyBloke,
Just had a quick look and ex LPL EZY fly to the following. (Next to each destination is where you can fly to ex Man as you aint got a car)

Alicante - Ex MAN on BMI Baby
Amsterdam - No Lo-Cost option ex Man
Barcelona - BMI Baby
Basel - No Lo cost ex Man
Belfast - BMI Baby
Cologne - HLX Express
Geneva - Jet 2
Madrid - No Option
Malaga - Jet 2/ BMI Baby
Palma - BMI Baby
Paris - BMI Baby

so as you can see there aint really a reason to have to travel to LPL when we have most services covered plus a bucket load of extras.

I really cannot see EZY upping sticks and moving down the M62, whatever the circumstances.

I personally love the fact that within a 1 hour drive of Manchester there is so much low-cost option out there!!.

Cheers

chiglet
18th Oct 2004, 15:44
mouser,
Not saying a word :ok:
ManofMan
AFAIK, Baby are scrubbing Barcelona..so only leaves BA when Iberia go :{
watp,iktch

dwlpl
18th Oct 2004, 16:31
Vuelo disappeared around the same time as gayrugbybloke registered, so is gayrugbybloke and Vuelo the same person?

bagpuss lives
18th Oct 2004, 16:47
Only the moderators will be able to tell that. Until then give he or she the benefit of the doubt :)

MichaelDoyle
18th Oct 2004, 17:05
Hi
Also on the MAN-BCN route is Monarch Scedueled.Flew with them on this route and they were GREAT!!!
Thanks
Michael

ezy733
18th Oct 2004, 17:22
Vuelo disappeared around the same time as gayrugbybloke registered, so is gayrugbybloke and Vuelo the same person? It's my thinking also:E

dwlpl
18th Oct 2004, 17:27
ezy733 search your PM's.

PPRuNe Pop
19th Oct 2004, 06:23
Lay off guys before it gets into a mini witch hunt.

My experience shows that just occasionally someone arrives on the scene and tries to 'impress.' It invariably never ever works. The person concerned usually falls into the hole he dug! ;)

Leave it at that.

PPP