PDA

View Full Version : can anyone answer these questions??

andyfpilot
14th Oct 2004, 21:31
Hi ..can anyone help pls??

Exams approaching fast and ive found some questions with very different answers!! Doesnt help the revision when you keep seeing conflicting answers...anyway if anyone can clarify will be much appreciated.. thanks..

Perf: 1/ During a cruise of a jet aeroplane at constant flight level and at the max. range speed, the IAS / drag will : a) increase / increase b)increase / decrease c) decrease / decrease
d) decrease / increase (answer and any explanation would be great too thanks)

Airframes and sys: 2/ tubeless tyres have cross ply or radial ply?
3/ firewire increases or decreases resistance with a temp rise?

Alex Whittingham
15th Oct 2004, 07:52
The answer to the first question is 'decrease/decrease'. As the fuel burns off weight reduces. The reduction in weight reduces the lift required, which reduces lift dependent or induced drag. A reduction in induced drag lowers the 'left hand' side of the drag curve and reduces the value of minimum drag speed. Best range speed is a multiple of min drag speed so if one goes down so does the other.

Most tubeless tyres are radials, like modern car tyres. I think you can get tubeless crossplys as well, though. There have been a few dodgy questions on tyres, this might be one of them.

With a resistive firewire resistance decreases as temperature increases.

andyfpilot
16th Oct 2004, 12:41
Thanks for the reply...that first question was really bugging me...Had a few arguments about that one!!

Just hope I dont get a question on tubeless tyres (think it might be radial as you said..hope the caa agree) haha! Cheers

Iceman1976
17th Oct 2004, 12:02
Hey we wouldnt be cheating would we...hmmmmm!

What level is that PPL?

andyfpilot
17th Oct 2004, 16:51
Cant say ive ever heard of cheating by checking answers before exams?! Like to know where you did your groundschool for ppl if you know that stuff buddy!