PDA

View Full Version : Jim Lawton's Farewell

Carl Evans
14th Oct 2004, 11:16
To all fellow aviators. Jim Lawton leaves the army early next year. We are intending to give him a good send off, in the form of, lunch, drinks and good company. on Thurday 9th December, in the Sgts' Mess at RAF Shawbury.

If you would like to join us please contact me at the e-mail address below, or give me a ring on 01939 250351 ext 7079.

Accomodation is available in both messes on a first come first served basis. Also I will provide a list of local B&B's and hotels if required.

Also i would appreciate any stories, good luck messages, etc so they can be shared with all on the day.

Please spread the word, I need to go firm on numbers by the end of the month (October).

Thanx, and hope to see as many as possible.

[email protected]

:ok:

KENNYR
14th Oct 2004, 13:59
Is that the Jim Lawton of AAC fame? (or infamy)

Carl Evans
14th Oct 2004, 14:35
Sure is..... the one and only!

Wizzard
14th Oct 2004, 16:08
That'll be Sgt Lawton of the Royal Green Jackets now Lt Col Lawton of the Army Air Corps. Only the Army can spot talent like that! Good on 'em.

:p

Wiz

blind pue
14th Oct 2004, 18:55
Hi Carl

Regards to Jim

Try and have a look at the old ACTS line books for the early 80's when he was teaching us poor JAFO's,

I think he appeared a few times :cool:

KENNYR
14th Oct 2004, 20:53
Carl, what does Jim do at Strawberry? I have been out of the Corps for 15 years and have lost touch with him.

SilsoeSid
14th Oct 2004, 23:04
1987 August 11 Scout AH1 XT618 GH Plover Cove (HK)

My first flight with the man who must have been an inspiration to many a crewman.

Very best wishes for the future from SS & Mrs SS.

http://www.geocities.com/pprunessilsoesid/downtown.jpg

Low Ball
15th Oct 2004, 12:15
SS,

Nice picture but not Plover Cove if my memory serves. That looks like just airborne from TAMAR.

Know JL well and served together plenty of times. Hope its a good party

Low Ball

jayteeto
15th Oct 2004, 13:38
He has some run of the mill job at shawbury.... Chief Executioner! Good luck in retirement to a first class CFI. Even though he was the 'enemy' when I was on CFS, Jim always gave unbiased, quality advice.

MightyGem
11th Dec 2004, 10:35
Carl, it was an excellent do. Many thanks for organising it, saw many people that I hadn't seen for years.

Jim was well confused towards the end. He said that I was the best pilot he ever flew with when he was in Hong Kong. :ok:
Trouble is, is that I've never been to Hong Kong. :sad: